Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fault codes 6L80E

Sveno

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais L98
Hi guys I'm having issues with my transmission... Vehicle info:
2006 VE Calais V8 procharged 6l80E
So here is what happened... I had a flat battery so I charged it back up put it back in the car and when I turned the ignition on I had a puff of smoke and a smell of an electrical fire coming from under the fuse box. Had a quick look and couldn't find anything obvious.. few weeks later the gearbox starting slipping and throwing up fault codes regarding the solenoid being stuck open in the transmission.
Now after getting another transmission and put in then tuned... It is still throwing up random fault codes regarding the solenoid being open or closed.. my tuner has never had that drama... Does anyone in the brains trust of just Commodores have any idea what could it be?
I'm assuming it's a short and it's burnt something that is inline with the ecu to tcm

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Would need you to report the actual code numbers that are being set in order to help you.

pnlimo

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice L98
Has your tuner got access to the online GM software to reprogram the TCM? Without it, the transmission will never run properly.