Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Omega P0500, 4 speed

Barnsey007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Hello All

I have the P0500 Fault code which is the vehicle speed sensor A circuit. Which causes ABS and Stability lights no Speedo as well as low power.

I changed the Speed sensor on the outside of the gearbox with a new AC delco one, cleared the code and its still there and still in limp mode. it still changes gears but has low power.

It cant be the wheel speed sensors as they have a different code I think?? and the internal gearbox speed sensor has a different code as well I think?

does anyone have any ideas??

Cheers
Barnsey

Barnsey007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Before you throw the parts cannon at your car, have you checked the battery to make sure it's doing its job properly...

Also, do you happen to be the owner of this YouTube channel?

https://youtube.com/@barnseysgarage1877?feature=shared

It looks fairly new and does last a couple of weeks between starts. and it does charge properly on my Noco charger. I have however ordered a battery tester to check.

And yes that's me , I hope your Subscribed MR !!!! :p

Barnsey007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Well I had some time this afternoon for some diagnosis!

The battery is fine according to my tester. I did however notice during a drive with my scanner attached that the km/h reads as zero in the live data ( no surprise!) I also noticed that the symbol in the dash binnacle for the gear selector in remains in P, this is also the same as the live data in my scanner. Now it goes into drive, park and reverse no problem but it always shows P in the binnacle and on my scanner live data.. Also the reverse lights don't work.

So maybe there is a problem with a transmission position sensor? I will need to look further into it.

Last edited:

gazzat

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve 3.6L commodore omega automatic
Well I had some time this afternoon for some diagnosis!

The battery is fine according to my tester. I did however notice during a drive with my scanner attached that the km/h reads as zero in the live data ( no surprise!) I also noticed that the symbol in the dash binnacle for the gear selector in remains in P, this is also the same as the live data in my scanner. Now it goes into drive, park and reverse no problem but it always shows P in the binnacle and on my scanner live data.. Also the reverse lights don't work.

So maybe there is a problem with a transmission position sensor? I will need to look further into it.
Hello. I am a pajero man but after about 380K the motor decided to show some signs of problems and not knowing the history is decided to do a strip and rebuild, so i bought this 2006 VE omega commodore (what a mistake) . Like so many other people i have also developed these ABS and Traction control stability problems. I have those problems plus an alternator warning plus a code of c0899-00 which all relates to low power supply.So i brought a brand new alternator and that fixed up the alternator code and the c0899-00 code.Now i have also got the same problem as you in as far as my scanner does not show speed now but the speedo on the IC still works, its like (and i put it out there does these gearboxes have a separate speed sensor then the one for the IC speedo ) or maybe the one sensor but splits off somewhere. so did you have any luck with the abs & Traction control stability control, by the way when you go into engineering mode i get the vehicle speed gear position but the vss signal it just not going to the obdll port (on 2 scanners). cheers garry

gazzat

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve 3.6L commodore omega automatic
Hello All

I have the P0500 Fault code which is the vehicle speed sensor A circuit. Which causes ABS and Stability lights no Speedo as well as low power.

I changed the Speed sensor on the outside of the gearbox with a new AC delco one, cleared the code and its still there and still in limp mode. it still changes gears but has low power.

It cant be the wheel speed sensors as they have a different code I think?? and the internal gearbox speed sensor has a different code as well I think?

does anyone have any ideas??

Cheers
Barnsey
hello. do you have any codes coming up showing about low circuit on pedal throttle position 'D'/'E' the reason i asked is i had 2 codes that threw my car into limp mode bad, like running on 3 cylinders rough changes and you put your foot down and hardly any response, the code i got was P2138 and P0122, got another pedal and all good but i will ask you this question and whether you know the answer or someone else reading this but do the 2006 VE V6 4 SPD have only 1 speed sensor i wont call it a VSS because my speedo works on the dial and also if i have my IC to digital read out it shows the vehicle but if i start up in engineering mode it does not show up in the readout there and now it does not show up when i plug my scanners X 2 VSS=0 so i am wondering do they have 1 unit for the speedo and one for the VSS because i have the old ABS and Traction stability control codes, just driving along and all 4 wheel sensors decided to just stop working so another reason if there is another speed unit that maybe gets a signal from there and sends the current speed to the abs and traction to compute whether the tail shaft speed should match the abs signals. So the unit you changed sits on the back of the rear extension housing just like back in the old days. On something similar when i was sorting out troubles on his mitsi lancer they have a main output shaft sensor and his went, he finished up having limp mode, missing, and the gear changes was like having your foot flat to the floor on every gear change really really rough and it would not kick down to go around corners, anyway brought a new sensor and it ran like a clock, and even on that it didn't affect the speedo reading just the engine and gear change so just curious if the VE has 2,1 for speedo and 1 for abs/traction. cheers .sorry but mine also has thrown a P0500 code which as you know is wheel speed sensor but when i dig deeper i have the 4 speed sensor faults, don't believe it i am hunting down a central connection module.