Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2008 sv6 bumper conversion to 2013?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
second one, sorry the photos didn’t attach when I did it
That'll be expensive...
You'll need bumper, front guards, grille, headlights and bonnet.
Bonnet has different hinge points, so that will need modifying as well...:(

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
That'll be expensive...
You'll need bumper, front guards, grille, headlights and bonnet.
Bonnet has different hinge points, so that will need modifying as well...:(
Plus $4-5k in paint, unless the panel colours all match.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Sorry mate on a boat with bad reception and it keeps doing double sends and screwing the message around, but I am talking about if the blue cars bumper is compatible, sorry for the meas
Lucky you for being on a boat, I wish I could be there instead of being stuck in cold Melbourne weather :)

Anyways, as others have said, you can put the VF bumper on the VE but it requires an entire new end, so it's very expensive and probably not worth it...

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore sv6 ute
Lucky you for being on a boat, I wish I could be there instead of being stuck in cold Melbourne weather :)

Anyways, as others have said, you can put the VF bumper on the VE but it requires an entire new end, so it's very expensive and probably not worth it...
Ahh well it was worth checking, I was hoping it would just be new headlights and everything else would be the same, thanks for the help

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
was hoping it would just be new headlights and everything else would be the same
The VF also has different fenders and a different bonnet, so it would've been a huge job... Converting VE Series 1 to Series 2 isn't as big of a job... You'll only need a new bumper and headlights but IMO, Series 1 looks more aggressive and keeping the original parts on your car increases value...

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore sv6 ute
The VF also has different fenders and a different bonnet, so it would've been a huge job... Converting VE Series 1 to Series 2 isn't as big of a job... You'll only need a new bumper and headlights but IMO, Series 1 looks more aggressive and keeping the original parts on your car increases value...
Yeah it does hold value but I’m not too concerned about my resale value, but it’s the first photo you had, so the red one, is that the series 2 bumper because to me it looks a little more aggressive

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Yeah it does hold value but I’m not too concerned about my resale value, but it’s the first photo you had, so the red one, is that the series 2 bumper because to me it looks a little more aggressive
That's a lower spec. S2. Upper spec. models have chrome trim rings around the upper and lower grilles and foglights.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore sv6 ute
That's a lower spec. S2. Upper spec. models have chrome trim rings around the upper and lower grilles and foglights.
Ahh yeah, I think I’ve seen some of the ones with the chrome around. So would that bumper be one I just had to replace headlights for? Because that’s also on my list

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
You can convert to VF front. One of the expensive bits to do is to have the bonnet hinges removed and new VF bonnet hinges welded in.
Once that is done, new wiper cowl, bonnet, guards, lights, bumper support, clips, screws, under car diffusers or panels. You’ll need the wheel house/well plastic panels as well.
It will be a few thousand, then once paint comes along. Ouch.