Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2008 VE drivers door won’t latch

Sessel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0L
I’ve got a 2008 ve Calais and when I try and close the drivers door it won’t latch and just bounces back at me! If I sit in it and hold the door closed and try to lock the car, it’s also the only door that won’t lock.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
I’ve got a 2008 ve Calais and when I try and close the drivers door it won’t latch and just bounces back at me! If I sit in it and hold the door closed and try to lock the car, it’s also the only door that won’t lock.
Is something jammed in the latch mechanism or is the mechanism actually jammed and the latch will not spring down. Might be worth having a look at the "finger"that springs up and down against the door striker. Maybe give it a prod with a screw driver to see if it dislodges?

Sessel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0L
Is something jammed in the latch mechanism or is the mechanism actually jammed and the latch will not spring down. Might be worth having a look at the "finger"that springs up and down against the door striker. Maybe give it a prod with a screw driver to see if it dislodges?
Thanks for the help... turns out after a lot of fiddling etc that the latch mechanism was buggered so I just replaced it and it’s working again now!

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Thanks for the help... turns out after a lot of fiddling etc that the latch mechanism was buggered so I just replaced it and it’s working again now!
Click on "like" - makes me feel all warm inside....

Al dirte

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv uterus & Vl executive
aye ive got a similar problem but wont engage the latch when hitting striker. i can engage by hand ( although the click is weak) and it will dissengage when opeing door handle. i think it may be the latch pin ( if it has one hahaha) maybe the problem. is there such thing as a latch by itself or is the whole unit gonna have to be replaced? and is the whole unit called the door lock actuator?

Al dirte

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv uterus & Vl executive
aye mate is the latch seprate to the actuator?

Adriancole

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Holden international
ve holden door actuator if your door won’t stay shut ,I fixed it easy save $250 , I removed it from door unscrewed it , inside there is a locking latch it gets stuck from dirt that sticks to the grease, I sprayed degreaser in it and got it moving again, the part makes the latch lock a bit hard to see over the side opposite from the electric motor under unlock mechanism it’s cast alloy spring is pretty weak, it gets stuck back hence latch doesn’t lock easy fix just clean and move , try latch again and click locks again