Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2008 VE Omega LEO Engine 175kw Dual Fuel Petrol Fuel Guage Not Working

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Do you always run the car on minimum petrol because it’s LPG? If so that’s what your problem is. If the tank is never filled up the resistance windings on the sender get corrosion on them and go open circuit.

I’ve had this happen on my old VE SV6 before when I used to just “splash and dash” constantly. When I needed to go on a long trip and filed the tank the gauge didn’t work and the dash said contact dealer.

I put two and two together and after filling the tank up a few more times the gauge went back to working properly and now I make sure to regularly fill my car with petrol and run it on petrol at least one day a week to keep the petrol turning over.
yep and also with the sender always in the one spot they wear out quicker too instead of starting and full and wearing down to empty each cycle, if fuel is sloshing around then the sender is wearing its mark over time, same works for keeping a full tank also it just wears the top out first