Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2008 VE SSV Sportswagons Rubbish

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
just a random question, why does everyone put MY infront of the year of their car? it confuses the hell outta me, thinking im looking at subarus all the time.

Thats what holden refer them as now. I hate it, your car isn't an 09 car just cause holden designate it as a my09.

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
Thats what holden refer them as now. I hate it, your car isn't an 09 car just cause holden designate it as a my09.

Yea considering late model suabrus chassis codes, MY, not to mention bridgestones tyres MY01.

Its just plain dumb, what does the MY stand for? is it engine? woulda thought LS2, chassis maybe? although VE sums it up. and im guessing the 09 part after the MY doesn't stand for the year? starting to sound like new thread rant time.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yea considering late model suabrus chassis codes, MY, not to mention bridgestones tyres MY01.

Its just plain dumb, what does the MY stand for? is it engine? woulda thought LS2, chassis maybe? although VE sums it up. and im guessing the 09 part after the MY doesn't stand for the year? starting to sound like new thread rant time.

Not sure what it stands for. Never bothered to look, it just sounds stupid.

vzlumina

01/05 VZ Lumina AKW-989
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
MY9.5 SS-V, '99 CR125
also to throw another spanner in the works just noticed the rear bumper has been cut to fit the tow bar, holy cr*p my 92 is like that didn't expect it on a new car.

for comparative reasons I have picture of new commodore & picture of my old beast, they got the cutting a bit better on the new ones but that's about it.

Is that not the part that slips out of the bumper, like a pre-cut area, because i'm sure that's where they are on the VE

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
its been cut if there is one, as you can see the hacksaw marks in the plastic

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride

Prodrive

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SS
If I didnt know who posted those pictures of that car and if someone asked me I would say thats my car! I have the same problems with panels too. My car looks just about the same.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Nope, 100% not driven before we got them, unless they crashed both of them into each other at say 21km on the odometer, plus where the alignment issues are is on both sides of the car and the front.

You'd be surprised. We had a truck sideswipe a VE Ute while it was out on its PD roadtest.

As for the alignment issues, there is a fix for the front bumper/bonnet overhang issue.

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
car model years always seem to be about 6 months ahead of the actual year