Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2009 Mitsubishi Pajero Exceed NT

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Heron SSV, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Heron SSV

Heron SSV Active Member

Members Ride:
    2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
    Hi Guys and Girls,

Here is the latest edition to the household. Picked it up on Saturday, traded my 2007 SSV. Details:

Make: Mitsubishi
    Model: Pajero Exceed
    Year: 2009 (Sept build)
    Series: NT
    Colour: White Pearl
    Driveline: 3.2L turbo diesel, 5 speed auto
    Comments: Being the Exceed, it has a heap of factory options: full leather seats, heated front seats, electic front seats, sat nav, roof mounted DVD player with wireless headphones, rear diff lock, and heaps more i've forgotten about

Pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

No mods planned at the moment apart from getting the front windows tinted to match the rear privacy glass. I will be doing some off road driving, nothing too crazy as its the family car, but will be out and about. Hopefully I'll tag along on one of the JC off road adventures!

Cheers,
    Brett

2. corhijasna

corhijasna Member

Members Ride:
    vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
    very nice mate,you will enjoy,slower than your last but more comfy and goes into different places-lol,I suggest you get yourself a bulbar and winch set up,if you want more pooower lol get a dp or similar chip,
    enjoy

3. Heron SSV

Heron SSV Active Member

Members Ride:
    Cheers mate. I doubt I'll get a bull bar, I prefer the look without. Goes well, too, heaps of torque.

The drive home was strange, it's massively quiet on the freeway compared to the SSV. it's definitely comfortable, it's like sitting on my lounge at home lol

Finally have a thread with boost, lol

4. corhijasna

corhijasna Member

Members Ride:
    vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
    I know what you mean with the comfort level,these pajjy's are just like a big lounge,

5. Troy711

Troy711 Retired Old Fart Staff Member

Members Ride:
    2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
    Good stuff mate, looks very neat too! I can tell you from my experiences on the weekend that it'll be a very capable rig with just a set of AT tyres fitted. I'm jealous as hell of the factory rear diff lock too!

6. Heron SSV

Heron SSV Active Member

Members Ride:
    Thanks mate. Been looking at all the models and was set on the exceed. The option list is huge, took over three hours to read through the manuals and I still can't remember half the stuff it can do The dealer put two new tyres on, did the 80k service and did the front brakes, so I'm set for a little while now. My brother in law has caught the off-road bug and is buying a new hilux SR5 next week. I'll be waving to him from my leather clad lounge room on wheels lol

Getting the front windows tinted this sat to match the rear, and a mate is making up an extension bar for the tow bar so I can put a bike rack on for the kids bikes

7. Heron SSV

Heron SSV Active Member

Members Ride:
    Got the front windows tinted yesterday, looks heaps better. Also made up the extension bar for the bike rack.

Did a bit of off road action today. Nothing too major, just some trails and a couple of muddy, rutted out sections. Went pretty well, kids loved it. Might head up Stockton beach next weekend, my brother in law just bought a new hilux and he wants to hit the dunes

8. phat_6ltr

phat_6ltr Member

Members Ride:
    2007 VE SS M6
    Looks pretty tight mate.

9. Heron SSV

Heron SSV Active Member

Members Ride:
    Cheers mate

10. vt6banger

vt6banger Major Procrastinator

Members Ride:
    2 feet an a heart beat
    theres a lift kit for the spare tyre you can get to give easier access to the towball and more clearance to open the door when the hitch is in use. I found that out when we got our NW last year, almost seems like they completely overlooked the idea someone may actually wanna use a towbar!

11. Heron SSV

Heron SSV Active Member

Members Ride:
    Took the Paj out to Blacksmith's Beach on Saturday with my brother in law in his new Hilux. Was a great day, the Paj went well on the sand. Got bogged on the way in before i even got onto the beach, was busy checking everything was in the right setting and didnt have enough speed to get through the soft sand. Only had to dig a little bit behind the tyres and it popped out easy as. Took on one smallish dune and it got up it fairly easily, my brother in law got bogged at the bottom and overheated the auto box so he didnt attempt it. He had to stop a few times to let it cool, its only got 1400 kms on it so he didnt want to push it too hard. Keen to get up to Stockton now. Here's a few pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. rory

rory Donating Member

Members Ride:
    2014 VF SV6 & 2006 Nissan Patrol ST
    Mate, you should be dropping your tyres for beach work, especially if your getting stuck. Since your running highway or all terrains, your car should be smashing the sand. Also, you will find it will be much easier on your brother in laws new Hilux if he does the same. A portable compressor will make it easy to air up if the nearest servo is too far away.

Also, make sure you wash, or at least rinse your car after beach work, would hate to see it rust away.

Anyway, the car is looking good mate, and great to see your enjoying it :)

13. Heron SSV

Heron SSV Active Member

Members Ride:
    Cheers mate. we both had the tyres down to 17-18 psi, just doesnt really look like it in the pics. both cars went good on the sand, just gotta get a bit more experience driving on sand to get the most out of the cars. i used to have a 2010 Colorado, that was tops on the dunes at stockton. had the tyres down to 16 then, will drop them down a bit more next time we go.

Both cars got a hose down when we got home, great excuse to hang out the front with several beers :beer chug:

14. rory

rory Donating Member

Members Ride:
    2014 VF SV6 & 2006 Nissan Patrol ST
    Looking at those pics, I would say that you could have gone as low as 12 if you got stuck, just don't go too fast at really low pressures as its way too easy to pop it off the bead. So long as they were down at 18, they should have been helping a fair bit.
    I've found when driving autos on dunes and beach etc. it can help to leave it in low range to give you some engine braking, so long as you're not going too fast.
    I know what you mean about experience though, I went out on Saturday night following some friends down a trail and ended up learning a lot about gearing in my car when 4x4ing in low range.

15. Troy711

Troy711 Retired Old Fart Staff Member

Members Ride:
    2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
    Ahh yes, the first off road trip usually means you start buying bits and bobs. Quick deflator, straps, shackles, compressor... bullbar, winch, snorkel, lift... It's a never ending hobby!

How are you finding the economy around town? Mine usually gets about 10L/100Km with AT tyres so I imagine you're probably doing a little better.

16. Heron SSV

Heron SSV Active Member

Members Ride:
    Next time I'll drop down to 16 and see how it goes. I probably need to work on my technique as well. I had mine in 4H with the centre and rear diffs locked and it went pretty good, shifting manually and mainly using second and third, but back into first in some tight places.

Yep I'm already puting together a shopping list.... so far its a decent recovery kit with all the usual straps and stuff, deflator, and an attachment for the tow bar with the ring for a snatch strap. still not keen on a lift, snorkel, bar etc. as i like the look of it stock. Will definitely get a quality set of AT's though when the current HT's wear down.

Economy isnt too bad. Getting around 11 locally with the missus driving, but she is still getting used to driving a diesel. She kinda drives it like a petrol car, but she's learning slowly. When i use it it drops down around 10 locally and down to 9 on the freeway. Keen for a longer trip so i can test the economy, not to mention a decent off road adventure lol