Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

200kw na v6

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Go like the powers of ****:).

It's a shame noone has made an engine based slightly of the Formula holdens but street able.
With the restriction they have by the powers that be, They could have made even more power. There was never a reason someone couldn't have made a good 350-400hp V6 by now.. And running 6500rpm. But it seems noone ever tried it.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
at the end of the day, it all comes down to money..

i've love to spend most of what i make on my car, but aside from that, it will always be a 6. dont get me wrong, i'd love to see an serious NA 6, but same cost on an 8, n ur rocking! but in saying that, i will still play with my 6 :)

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
Actually, I'd love to see a N/A 220fwkw VP-VN V6 Get around, Be like a Formula Holden.
I'd think with great grip they would be insane off the mark to 100.

But for sure it's much easier to get better numbers from a Ecotec then a buick.
Little things like bolt on work better with the ecotec.

There is a bloke on Youtube running a VY 5 speed V6 n/a.. Unopened engine, He was clocking 250kp/h.. Not slow.

I think that car you were watching may have been fmlycar's vy v6 in the northern territory

druebe

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp v6 manual, twin t/b
200 rwkw for $2000

neally finished my build...vp,v6 manual...bought the parts of ebay and got it built by an old skool engine builder..maching and builder--$900 engine and parts and haltec --$300 and twin t/b's $350...so thats $1500 odd. motor has stock rods and pistons but with a custom dish..race spec bearings stanard crank with a little grinding...ported heads ( done by me and first attempet) stanard valves with a custom three face grind, double vavle springs and stanard rockers...so really mild but dont perfectly....has a custom made twin t/b's $350 ebay ( once was on soucers king's car. see twin tb forum) full exhuast hi flow cat hsv centre...was dyno tuned on 95 fuel and vt injectors and haltech cpu....made 194.2 rwkw then the haltech stoped responding to computer...should make just 200rwkw once cpu is fixed and bigger injectors and better fuel....not bad for around $2000

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
sound to high, i would say 200rwhp.

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
neally finished my build...vp,v6 manual...bought the parts of ebay and got it built by an old skool engine builder..maching and builder--$900 engine and parts and haltec --$300 and twin t/b's $350...so thats $1500 odd. motor has stock rods and pistons but with a custom dish..race spec bearings stanard crank with a little grinding...ported heads ( done by me and first attempet) stanard valves with a custom three face grind, double vavle springs and stanard rockers...so really mild but dont perfectly....has a custom made twin t/b's $350 ebay ( once was on soucers king's car. see twin tb forum) full exhuast hi flow cat hsv centre...was dyno tuned on 95 fuel and vt injectors and haltech cpu....made 194.2 rwkw then the haltech stoped responding to computer...should make just 200rwkw once cpu is fixed and bigger injectors and better fuel....not bad for around $2000

LOL, just LOL. Do you think the rest of us were born yesterday?

What a crock of **** (once i actually managed to read it).

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
My N/A V6 i rebuilt with a wade cam Port Polish Heads ls1 springs 1.7Roller Rockers, with extractors and 3inch zorst all the jiz, the Gtech estimated power was around 145-150rwkw yeah i dont have TTBs but i doubt that would make a massive increase haha.

It would need to be stroked out and have alot of work done massive cam the whole lot done. I still dont know why people want to go the N/A way to make huge power on the buick, Superchage or turbo it, Sure its ok to have work done to the ol buick but claiming 200rwkw is very hard to believe.

na3point8

Reaction score
make sure you get it to the strip mate that will be the real test. as others have said that seems way too high. i have 185rwkw from my n/a 3.8 and it has the best of everything (98RON, 10.7comp, 238@50 cam, oversize valves, 355hp potential heads, etc) , the heads need alot more than a little grinding. i ran a slow et of 14.2 due to no grip but at just over 100mph. if you really have that much power you will run say 104+mph. let us know how you go.

GTP 85

291 hp @ the wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 WRX, VS SSenator & VS V6 track weapon
200kw from a buick with those mods??? even with the sc14 like it says in your 'ride', it wouldnt make that

200kw at the wheels from a 3.8 is not an easy task, if your talking na power

druebe

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp v6 manual, twin t/b
its not running the sc14 anymore... and i aslo forgot that it has a stage three crow cam. dyno bloke didnt belive it made that much power but did
as soon as i work out how to upload photos il show the print out
goin to rebuild the diff with 3.45 gear and then rebulid the box before i run it down the strip

Last edited: