Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2010 Pontiac G8 Manual

Major Herbie

Reaction score
Members Ride
'10 Pontiac G8 Manual '10 VE SV6 Manual
They started rolling the G8s out here in MY09/MY9.5.

After Pontiac went bust, they rolled them out into MY10 as well.

They didnt have the rear diffuser. But, costs 90 bucks from Holmart.It was just the front bar and the bonnet that they adapted.

Really wish they went the whole hog.

Agreed.

It's only an extra $100 when you think about the thousands spent it's not that much but it should've been standard.

Benzito

Reaction score
Members Ride
'09 VE SSV Ute
I was looking at them on Fleabay but have no idea how I'd go about explaining it to the police. ;)
Living in a country area they don't have much to do so they're always on the watch for things to defect.
And? You keep the standard globes, change them back to get passed for a RWC and then revert to HID. I've changed wheels, removed & then re-applied tint and switched back to stock exhausts(all temporarily) to get passed after a defect. Consider it a necessary cost of owning an awesome car. ;) (the fine that is)
attachment.php

You know you want to..... :poke:
Btw: the HID headlights aren't really very blinding for oncoming traffic because they are so focused. Foglights or highbeams are probably annoying as F for others though.

Major Herbie

Reaction score
Members Ride
And? You keep the standard globes, change them back to get passed for a RWC and then revert to HID. I've changed wheels, removed & then re-applied tint and switched back to stock exhausts(all temporarily) to get passed after a defect. Consider it a necessary cost of owning an awesome car. ;) (the fine that is)

I'd do that but after the second defect they'd send me over the pits and it's a 600km round trip to the pits.

attachment.php

You know you want to..... :poke:

I know I want to, it's so pretty but the girlfriend will get pissed if I keep coming home with a defected car.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Just to clarify. It's NOT a Pontiac G8. It's a Holden SSV Special Edition using obsolete Pontiac parts.

The ONLY reason Holden released such an ugly beast in Australia is because they were stuck with shed loads of ready made Pontiac parts after the export program for Pontiac was canned when Pontiac went bust. So they slapped them onto local cars and called them "special editions" hoping there'd be plenty of people that'd fall for it. And there were.

Major Herbie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just to clarify. It's NOT a Pontiac G8. It's a Holden SSV Special Edition using obsolete Pontiac parts.

The ONLY reason Holden released such an ugly beast in Australia is because they were stuck with shed loads of ready made Pontiac parts after the export program for Pontiac was canned when Pontiac went bust. So they slapped them onto local cars and called them "special editions" hoping there'd be plenty of people that'd fall for it. And there were.

Lol. We all know this but nothing wrong with calling it a G8.

My insurance company has told me it's worth a bit of cash being that it's a special edition given that there's not a heap of the "special editions" compared to the $1,000 option pack people get to add to the car once Pontiac went bust.

Last edited:

Major Herbie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Had a wash, looking all nice now.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Low right front.jpg
    Low right front.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 368
  • Pretty.jpg
    Pretty.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 1,002
  • Wide Lights on.jpg
    Wide Lights on.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 358
  • Front Right lights.jpg
    Front Right lights.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 398
Last edited:

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
For me I like the bonnet and bottom wide grill.
Nice ride.