Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2010 VE Calais

jeffs2008/my09

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V
I have already won as you do not know what you are talking about and GMH do not keep details about error codes they are only kept on a service departments invoices if you are lucky. I know I used to work for Holdens.
Good luck with the car because with your lack of knowledge and bad attitude you are going to get ripped off anywhere you go.
Uglyoldfatbastard
"I have already won as you do not know what you are talking about and GMH do not keep details about error codes they are only kept on a service departments invoices if you are lucky. I know I used to work for Holdens."

Okay you dug the hole ️

now ! check Holden Service Departments especially where your car was purchased from
Request from Manager there to please send past history & warranty work,Recalls,Weird Problems, History on all Sold and Serviced VIN numbers, especially work done which had to be done again.

All cars sold from Dealerships Australia wide are maintained and kept usually full life of the Vehicle. Kept for ever.

AS YOUR AN EX EMPLOYEE you need to dig deep.YOU SHOULD RECALL A PERSON KNOWN AS the SERVICE MANAGER they have one at each place cars were sold from as my calais was owned by an Employee a Good man who run Arncliffe New car Lot and used cars being that this information is also provided by GMH,AUS,USA,GM Melbourne,GM CHEVROLET G8 Pontiacs which are identical except for LS1,2,3, Engines available now in melbourne

HAVE A GREAT DAY Thanks for your negative input I never talk out of school,or from my backside, I do think you dislike new members who are not familiar with the way things work here. I'm always ready to do things properly which is why I have taken everyone's comments seriously including yours.

Service Work No NOT ERROR CODES as my car doesn't show any error codes with your blue ODBII so in saying this you got your wires crossed from the posts I put in the wrong places!!!! YES GUILTY of that
I hope you can live with this I don't claim to be purfect You seem to think you're a EXPERT being an Ex Holden employee so you should be more helpful rather than just OSTRACISING an old man.

Last edited:

jeffs2008/my09

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V
VE is supposed to have red coolant. It’s a different coolant type.
I took your advice and took it back for the system to be flushed and checked for leaks he was addsadd the proper coolant,mechanic discovered the oil pressure switch required replacement which he said immediately cleared the fault and engine warning it cost me $700
Mechanic also serviced transmission M82 did same to the engine oil's after exchanging oil pressure switch.He had my car a full day.After I picked it up I must say it was smooth silent and felt excellent to drive then after driving it 30 minutes and the moment I put petrol into the car this fault causing engine yellow icon and Warning check engine was there so after a few seconds I turned car off then Noticed Xcontact Dealer happens

I put car into N then back into P "it started with orange icon and warning check engine.
I called the mechanic and asked him did he check the rubber button and petrol cap sensor ?

he said NO Jeff but bring it back and I we will scan the entire ECU and this will be done for free No charge,we will find errors but cannot fix it until 8/02/2024 not happy about that as I did pay him to fix it last week Tuesday

I replied thank you!! I as I did have this written on your job card which you never did and also added "that's what I paid you to do"fix the sensor issue.or issues
VE petrol gauge is accurately showing tank levels and i did have sender unit checked by the Auto Electrician which was-all good there So I'm now back to the start of the VE check engine warning and service X contact Dealer

Any good help is always appreciated

Respectfully yours
Every member please accept my apology for my negative comments last week it's not acceptable I want to state my WRITTEN APPOLOGIES

Jeffrey

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
$700 for a coolant flush and oil pressure sensor!!!!!!
Bloody hell!!!

Sensor is a $40 part and 10mins to change. Unplug. Unscrew. Screw in new one. Plug in.
Coolant $80 and an hour labour @$150 at the worst.

I suppose trans would have a bit more labour. Oil change is the usual extortion of $250-ish that garages charge for a basic task.

Ooof.

Try changing the petrol cap. Just do that yourself. eBay or Holden.

I’d be removing the evap solenoid from the left side of the intake and seeing if that is buggered. They are cheap and easy to change. Push the hose connector toward the solenoid, squeeze the sides and pull while squeezing the sides.

As for scanning the whole ECM, well bugger me they do that when the scan tool is plugged in. That’s what it does.
jack-sparrow-funny-waving-fingers-f7djmqh5j9do6to4.gif

Don’t be fooled that a scan tool is a magic wand and it’s a super special process done in stages.

Until a decent scan tool is plugged in, no one will know what the faults are.

I’d suggest for your own benefit to get a Bluetooth OBD connector. Jaycar, eBay etc.

Get the DashCommand app for Apple phones
https://apps.apple.com/au/app/dashcommand-obd-ii-gauges/id321293183

or Torque for Android.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.prowl.torque&hl=en

Plug the Bluetooth connector into the OBD2 port above the footwell and connect, open the app, connect via Bluetooth and start getting some half decent info for your own benefit. You won’t have to rely on workshops for that info.

jeffs2008/my09

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V
Bloody hell!!!

Sensor is a $40 part and 10mins to change. Unplug. Unscrew. Screw in new one. Plug in.

I suppose trans would have a bit more labour. Oil change is the usual extortion of $250-ish that garages charge for a basic task.

Ooof.

I’d be removing the evap solenoid from the left side of the intake and seeing if that is buggered. They are cheap and easy to change. Push the hose connector toward the solenoid, squeeze the sides and pull while squeezing the sides.

As for scanning the whole ECM, well bugger me they do that when the scan tool is plugged in. That’s what it does.

Don’t be fooled that a scan tool is a magic wand and it’s a super special process done in stages.

I’d suggest for your own benefit to get a Bluetooth OBD connector. Jaycar, eBay etc.

or Torque for Android.

Plug the Bluetooth connector into the OBD2 port above the footwell and connect, open the app, connect via Bluetooth and start getting some half decent info for your own benefit. You won’t have to rely on workshops for that info.
Thank you for your reply,Yes transmission service was $200 he said being a M82 wasn't to bad clean fluid had small metal shaving on magnet,in transmission sump when he drove the car after he did that flushing to coolant system changed it to the red proper coolant he come back and said that it drives very good and said that it's fine ? He did charge me $125 for oil pressure switch with total of $160 labour for entire job $690

He said to me that because this work never fixed issues with Check Engine Warning I asked him why it's flashing up X Contact Dealer then/ Service he asked me to bring it to him Monday morning and he will do a diagnostic FREE and in meantime I purchased that apple ODBII SOFTWARE $14.99 and will do as you suggested go to Holden or better still jaycar and save myself a lot of stress & dollars even done for free he has an agenda which I honestly have noticed that each time I put petrol in my Calais this ICON AND CHECK ENGINE /X CONTACT DEALER HAPPEN as you have given me some very good advice I'm following that advice.

Again thank you I really appreciate your time in posting

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
hmmm $39 oil switch

$120 for the part at trade price too im sure he'd have paid less, although repcos are $69, maybe his price includes the new coolant

$200 for trans service is good though

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
All cars sold from Dealerships Australia wide are maintained and kept usually full life of the Vehicle. Kept for ever.
I contacted the selling and servicing dealer when I bought my used VZ ute, by phone and email, back when Holden still existed.
Gave them the VIN and dates of the services as per the owner's manual, requesting any service bulletins action and any other useful info.
Guess what I got in reply ............. :rolleyes:

At least the local servicing Holden dealer was able to tell me that no such vehicle existed, and I must have it confused with a Rodeo. Silly me.

jeffs2008/my09

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V
Bloody hell!!!

Ooof.

or Torque for Android.

Again need to tell you I did as you advised as your posts are a plethora of very accurate information I took out my fuel cap and was looking at its written in back it says DO NOT TURN MORE THAN ONE CLICK AS IT WILL CAUSE MIL Yellow icon engine warning ⚠️ it's for a Audi A4 wrong one YES I looked up correct one with Amazon eBay found two one was $109. Other was $39.99 GM part so I'm off to a few places in morning as I took this one off checked the way it's been on since I got this vehicle Whilst off checked my car and low and behold orange icon and check engine warning gone I started car six times and will road test it in the morning I am fairly confident it's the issue I feel stupid wasting the money last week however all good it's got many VE Calais V car owners one way or another.

this forum is excellent help especially the main post members I am very thankful for all the info I have read and checked all great information in this forum.

jeff my 09/ Calais V

jeffs2008/my09

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V
View attachment 263370
You are welcome good Sir.
Morning Everyone,
I took my Calais for a road test and did 26 klms then turned car off.

Looked at my car under bonnet and purchased some shopping so then I got back to the job in hand,

My Car started fine,NO MIL no troubles so I drove it back home and gave the car a good road tune in leiu of the issues faced with after usually a small distance I gave it a full on acceleration from 70 to 120 klph from the top of Bulli if anyone knows that highway i took it from the distance covered if this yellow icon and warning ⚠️ check engine was to re appear USUALLY it would show up after driving it a short distance,at present all seems great.

I did smell what I thought was COOLANT so I pulled up when I got back home and checked the coolant which was same as levels prior to going for this road test.

I was at all times LISTENING FOR ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING however I can honestly state that there is nothing out of the NORMAL going on. I'm still not convinced the issue is 100% gone so I will be ready to scan it myself using DASH COMMAND on my iphone with Bluetooth When any error codes come up.I've ordered a genuine VE petrol Cap should be here on Tuesday so until then guy's happy motoring stay safe and good luck with your cars

Reactions: Lex