Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2010 VE Calais

uglyoldfatbastard

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6, 2010 International, 1996 VS Exec
Full Diagnostics including ECU History as far back as they can go! $176.00
ECU history? What is that? Huge machine?
Mate you are talking out of your backside.
Genuine GM MDI2 for full diagnostic is no bigger than a book and runs of a laptop - I know I have one and use it.
ECU history there is no such thing, it might store historic codes but once cleared they are gone forever.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
True that.
It’s not that high tech. Even then the codes don’t tell the technician what is broken. They give a clue as to where to start looking.

jeffs2008/my09

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V
VE is supposed to have red coolant. It’s a different coolant type.
Holden did this!!! My book doesn't list colour or anything different to coolant they sold me
I AM VERY INTERESTED with your knowledge of VE Commodores Do you know if this can cause temp spikes and damage especially to my replaced radiator cap which was totally disintegrated as such I am having sensor problems and probably damage to all sorts of issues NOW you really have my attention I am a computer person NOT a mechanic I only know my good old XU1 I could pull that down and do all my upgrades etc no sensors or all this problematic $$$ grabbing issues Holden imbedded into software like "X CONTACT DEALER" has made them very happy but not for us paying them is NOT an option unless we don't go there.
Maybe time to repair this immaculate looking VE and get mySELF an old clunker just for
those trips A TO B shopping stuff
without all these problems I am getting.thanks for your comments I take it your a very knowledgeable VE owner who as I heard had a lot of problems you fixed more than once "especially your transmission" I won't be rebuilding mine.Cheaper to buy another car.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Temp spikes are caused by air in the system. I’ll say it over and over.

Fan control could be another cause.

Bi-directional scan tools can be used to operate the fans independently of the ECM. That can confirm their operation or you can observe their operation once the car gets hot.

A faulty sensor could be in the mix. They are a $30 part. Not here or there. Though they can be tested out of the car to check they are working correctly using a cup of hot water and a multimeter.

Faulty harness connector at the sensor or the fans. Or anywhere else as well.

It’s odd for Holden to use green coolant. That stopped being used at VY.

jeffs2008/my09

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V
ECU history? What is that? Huge machine?
Mate you are talking out of your backside.
Genuine GM MDI2 for full diagnostic is no bigger than a book and runs of a laptop - I know I have one and use it.
ECU history there is no such thing, it might store historic codes but once cleared they are gone forever.
No they are not gone forever and don't be a fool every time it's cleared they are stored also I don't claim to be a mechanic I got that info off another post I reckon you just want a blew OK so argue with yourself I don't waste time like that.
I wouldn't online but face to face Yes

jeffs2008/my09

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V
Temp spikes are caused by air in the system. I’ll say it over and over.

Fan control could be another cause.

Bi-directional scan tools can be used to operate the fans independently of the ECM. That can confirm their operation or you can observe their operation once the car gets hot.

A faulty sensor could be in the mix. They are a $30 part. Not here or there. Though they can be tested out of the car to check they are working correctly using a cup of hot water and a multimeter.

Faulty harness connector at the sensor or the fans. Or anywhere else as well.

It’s odd for Holden to use green coolant. That stopped being used at VY.
I'm not going back to them I've seen a lot of posts where repairs are done then some other issue or the real issues raise their heads.
I'm looking for history as this calais Was a holden executive staff car he drove daily from Canberra to Arncliffe Holden and they put me in touch with him.Serviced every 10,000Klm from 2009 to when I got it in 2020 it's been serviced once as it is only used once or twice a week for 20-30 klm journey never had one problem until radiator cap.

uglyoldfatbastard

Reaction score
Members Ride
No they are not gone forever and don't be a fool every time it's cleared they are stored also I don't claim to be a mechanic I got that info off another post I reckon you just want a blew OK so argue with yourself I don't waste time like that.
I wouldn't online but face to face Yes
Face to face I guarantee you would call me SIR
Having dealt with a lot of ECU's over the years I can tell you that no VE ECU stores codes after they are cleared and I have the GM software and hardware to prove it whereas you have nothing but a car that is not working and a huge hole in your wallet.
I love a bad attitude and I am all for it but you have to know what you are talking about and you clearly have no idea.

Photo of a GM MDI 2 in a hand to show size - Huge machine it is :D

Attachments

• tech2inhand.jpg
    tech2inhand.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

jeffs2008/my09

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V
Face to face I guarantee you would call me SIR
Having dealt with a lot of ECU's over the years I can tell you that no VE ECU stores codes after they are cleared and I have the GM software and hardware to prove it whereas you have nothing but a car that is not working and a huge hole in your wallet.
I love a bad attitude and I am all for it but you have to know what you are talking about and you clearly have no idea.

Photo of a GM MDI 2 in a hand to show size - Huge machine it is :D
Bloke,
I know one thing,you won't win anything regarding g your ODBII because only your defending error codes,IM WAITING for the usb stick I went and sent to them to get the repair history about my car from That "huge machine" Im saying is a STORAGE SERVER owned by GMH now please note this isn't about YOU.so refrain YOUR argument comments BLOKE

uglyoldfatbastard

Reaction score
Members Ride
Bloke,
I know one thing,you won't win anything regarding g your ODBII because only your defending error codes,IM WAITING for the usb stick I went and sent to them to get the repair history about my car from That "huge machine" Im saying is a STORAGE SERVER owned by GMH now please note this isn't about YOU.so refrain YOUR argument comments BLOKE
I have already won as you do not know what you are talking about and GMH do not keep details about error codes they are only kept on a service departments invoices if you are lucky. I know I used to work for Holdens.
Good luck with the car because with your lack of knowledge and bad attitude you are going to get ripped off anywhere you go.

jeffs2008/my09

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V
I have already won as you do not know what you are talking about and GMH do not keep details about error codes they are only kept on a service departments invoices if you are lucky. I know I used to work for Holdens.
Good luck with the car because with your lack of knowledge and bad attitude you are going to get ripped off anywhere you go.
You are as your name suggests
and YOU SAY YOUVE ALREADY WON you lost me that's for sure
I'm not going to get ripped off because I've taken advice from a member who has given very good information Not one name call or derogatory comments from this member

never knew that well know posters such as yourself JUDGE NEW MEMBERS with comments also I'm not looking for ERROR CODES so you have a nice day because I'm having a very good day