Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2011 series 2 SV6 3.6 SIDI

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
No its not that it is just oil and no its not that we are tight asses. The point is. a NEW FARKEN CAR SHOULD NOT BURN OIL LIKE THIS, PLAIN AND SIMPLE, WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU BRO? There is something wrong, and I, for one, intended to keep this car for a long time. Also I check under the bonnet every, farken day, cause of this oil burning issue, How tha Fark do you think I picked up this issue in the first place, I did not have to wait for the OIL light to come on.....
I KNOW, YOU MUST BE A RICH C#NT AND CAN AFFORD TO REPLACE YOUR VEHICLES EVERY YEAR?
The problem is that it is people like you that do not say anything to the dealers/Holden, and makes it harder for those who give a F%@k to get them to do anything.

fd7j91.jpg

191kieran191

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 Thunder Ute
i do give a #### lol and my car does use oil it was full on the dip stick and after 5000km it was halfway but hey its just oil :)

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
No its not that it is just oil and no its not that we are tight asses. The point is. a NEW FARKEN CAR SHOULD NOT BURN OIL LIKE THIS, PLAIN AND SIMPLE, WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU BRO? There is something wrong, and I, for one, intended to keep this car for a long time. Also I check under the bonnet every, farken day, cause of this oil burning issue, How tha Fark do you think I picked up this issue in the first place, I did not have to wait for the OIL light to come on.....
I KNOW, YOU MUST BE A RICH C#NT AND CAN AFFORD TO REPLACE YOUR VEHICLES EVERY YEAR?
The problem is that it is people like you that do not say anything to the dealers/Holden, and makes it harder for those who give a F%@k to get them to do anything.

The only thing you are demonstrating here is that you know and use every filthy 4 letter word in the swearers dictionary but are pretty clueless about cars.

For a start you DID NOT buy a NEW car. You bought a USED car from a Holden dealer with 20,000 kms on the clock . So stop raving on about your "new car". You said in your post-

"Currently my SV6 S2 SIDI has used 450mls in 3000k's. I have started an oil consumption test with Holden last Friday 26/10. I bought the car with 20000ks on it from Heartland Holden blacktown, I noticed the oil was low before I paid for it, got them to top it to full. "

If you had half a brain (which from your posts here you clearly don't) you would not have bought the used car in the first place. You saw it was low on oil and should have suspected a problem there and then. At worst there was a significant problem with the car (a good reason to not buy the car) and at best the previous owner was really slack with the maintenance which is also a reason to pass on the car. (Then the dealer was so slack in preparation of the car for sale he never topped up the oil either allowing you to identify the problem).

More than likely the car has been using some oil since new, the previous owner possibly never bothered to keep it topped up and the car may have been virtually untouched until the 15000 km service. Plenty of engine damage can be done running on low oil. You don't know how low the previous owner ran the oil or for how many kms. If the piston rings are abnormally worn for the kms covered due to the engine being run low on oil then the car will burn more oil than it did even when new.

So basically you are a fool for buying that particular USED vehicle in the first place.

I am sure others are also very tired of your rants and now please go with your retarded little brain and promulgate your filthy language somewhere else.

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
If you had half a brain (which from your posts here you clearly don't) you would not have bought the used car in the first place. You saw it was low on oil and should have suspected a problem there and then. At worst there was a significant problem with the car (a good reason to not buy the car) and at best the previous owner was really slack with the maintenance which is also a reason to pass on the car. (Then the dealer was so slack in preparation of the car for sale he never topped up the oil either allowing you to identify the problem).

So basically you are a fool for buying that particular USED vehicle in the first place.

But here's the kicker, they all use oil from new so going on about it being used is a mute point. My alloytec series 1 ve never used oil and i would not have to worry about lifting the bonnet between service.

Phantom

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 SV6 Sportwagon series 2 and a VY exec 2
The only thing you are demonstrating here is that you know and use every filthy 4 letter word in the swearers dictionary but are pretty clueless about cars.

For a start you DID NOT buy a NEW car. You bought a USED car from a Holden dealer with 20,000 kms on the clock . So stop raving on about your "new car". You said in your post-

"Currently my SV6 S2 SIDI has used 450mls in 3000k's. I have started an oil consumption test with Holden last Friday 26/10. I bought the car with 20000ks on it from Heartland Holden blacktown, I noticed the oil was low before I paid for it, got them to top it to full. "

More than likely the car has been using some oil since new, the previous owner possibly never bothered to keep it topped up and the car may have been virtually untouched until the 15000 km service. Plenty of engine damage can be done running on low oil. You don't know how low the previous owner ran the oil or for how many kms. If the piston rings are abnormally worn for the kms covered due to the engine being run low on oil then the car will burn more oil than it did even when new.

I am sure others are also very tired of your rants and now please go with your retarded little brain and promulgate your filthy language somewhere else.

Yeah mate, put in your 2 cents worth. If we all had crystal balls eh?.Pity you don't have anything constructive to add. Like I said, to me, it is like a new car, only I did not lose 8 grand when i drove it out of the showroom.
I started this post because I wanted to know if others experienced oil consumption, there was not much info out there, and also to find out what Holden where doing about it.
If you feel this post has no relevance to you, great, move on mate. I chose this particular car because it had low k's, in excellent condition, log book was filled out correctly and previous owner, well it was a Holden Execs car, had not been registered to the public before, same as the VY I bought. Anyway, if people are OK with their vehicle burning oil, that's great, good on them, but don't come at me with oh its just oil mate, dont be a tight ass etc etc, because I for one do not find it acceptable, and I have every right to get to the bottom of it, who knows, I might even get a fix out of Holden for it. You see, I like to have a reliable vehicle, with no issues, if I find an issue, I fix it, and as the car has warranty up the wazoo, I will get this issue fixed one way or another. Also, as for your comment about my intellect, I think that you have displayed what your intellectual capacity is and YOU don't have a clue, I bet you call roadside assist when you need to change a tyre. Oh and look, I did not even swear :] you are soft sean880. So if you don't have anything relevant to add to this post, you know what you can do.

191kieran191

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 Thunder Ute
just thought of something i drive my SIDI S2 pretty hard do you that could cause more oil consumption

Phantom

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 SV6 Sportwagon series 2 and a VY exec 2
just thought of something i drive my SIDI S2 pretty hard do you that could cause more oil consumption

Yep always in Sport mode, sometimes manual shift, usually the revs are at 4500 as gears changing, and a few WOT runs onto freeway and up for about 800mtrs usually can get her up to 180ks in that space. I used 2.7ltrs of the dealers Castrol GTX Professional semi synth 10W30 in 6200kms. I have 26400k's on the clock now. I have just changed over to Castrol Edge Titanium 5W30, as per holdens spec for SIDI 3.6, and have done 300k's so far and not checked yet. How much oil do you go through?

191kieran191

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 Thunder Ute
ive used well not sure on numbers but my oil was 3/4 full of the dipstick and after 5000km it was on the half way line but i do drive hard revving up to 6500-7000rpm lol thats when some dick trys to overtake me hahah

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
ive used well not sure on numbers but my oil was 3/4 full of the dipstick and after 5000km it was on the half way line but i do drive hard revving up to 6500-7000rpm lol thats when some dick trys to overtake me hahah

What...? When someone goes to overtake you rev up?

What a dick.