Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2018 Commodore?

yescooling

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dream a commodore redline
Hi ladies I have just browsed Holden website. And, I found Insignia on the website already. So, if that will be our 2018 commodore, what is Holden doing? Taking insignia off, change the name to commodore? Or maybe something else will come? Any thoughts?

yescooling

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dream a commodore redline
And Malibu as well, guess it replaces Cruz

Maloo37

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais, VF2 SSVR UTE
if Holden were smart they would just drop the Commodore name all together after closing manufacturing here in Oz.. Because I know this is the last Holden I will be buying from now on it will be Mercedes or Audi cars if i ever buy a new car again!

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
Hi ladies I have just browsed Holden website. And, I found Insignia on the website already. So, if that will be our 2018 commodore, what is Holden doing? Taking insignia off, change the name to commodore? Or maybe something else will come? Any thoughts?

There's a new Insignia due - personally I think that will be the car branded Commodore.

MarcoVFRedline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline
Insignia awd turbo already at Holden I drove one and it wasn't bad. Surely they won't change the badge to commodore end of next year that would be quite insulting!

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I'm pretty sure they've said there will be a Commodore after the real ones stop, and the only thing GM makes that would get close to suiting is the new Insignia which will be out at much the same time as production stops here.

So it's pretty-much a done deal.

It's a new model Insignia, it won't look like the current one, and is also larger than the currebt one.

No, Malibu is an el-cheapo Insignia alternative made by Daewoo; it's considerably larger than Cruze.
They'll have a Cruze, just not made here ... I've read nothing about it, probably because nobody cares, but they'll probably be just making 'em wherever they've been making the wagons.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

Both been available for some time. Nothng new here.

Comfal

Reaction score
2018 Commodore will be the all new Insignia which has not been released anywhere in the world yet and bares no resemblance to the current Insignia. Word is it will be first shown as the Insignia in March 2017 at the Geneva motor show. I have read a while back that people who have seen the car claim it is absolutely beautiful. Time will tell.

Last edited: