Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2018 Holden Commodore details released

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
94f0cb21bd56b93e42b4e712200eced6.jpg

Clearly missed that :)
Nice response!

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
Maybe they have lots of the Commodore badges left over and they want to use them up?
:)

When they run out of Holden ones maybe they will change to Daewoo ones!!!!

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
They may charge the ~$40k for the top-spec AWD V6, but everything else has to be cheaper, probably starting at high 20's if the base one has Camry spec levels.

Of course it will be cheaper, it won't cost as much to build because Australian made cars are made by grossly over-paid bludgers, every-one knows that, because we keep being told that!
( P.S. ....sarcasm.)

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Of course it will be cheaper, it won't cost as much to build because Australian made cars are made by grossly over-paid bludgers, every-one knows that, because we keep being told that!
( P.S. ....sarcasm.)
Yeah, I didn't fall into the sarchasm. :)
It WILL be cheaper to build, though, because the production-line it's rolling off will be allowed by HO to churn a lot more cars out for global consumption ... does that sound just a little bitter? Hope it does, it's intended to. :)

If the VFII wasn't both rear wheel drive and a V8, I wouldn't have looked at it. At the risk of sounding like a badge snob, I would take a Euro and Japanese cars over anything made here or the US.
Absolutely 100% the same for us, buying the VF.
I bought my fastidious Holden-fan uncle's 10yo VS Ecomoo Berlina when he upgraded to a Statesperson, and it was a great car. Reliable, surprisingly economical, and actually comfortable. Talk about cheap to own! Then when the local industry just fell apart, and I realised I'd never owned a Strayan V8, I proposed to the better-half that maybe her next car should be the last Strayan V8 ... and she had no problem with that at all!
If it'd been crap to drive, it wouldn't have happened; probably would've been a much-cheaper Octavia vRS instead.
Having said that, the VS experience has taught me that expecting something from Europe to be anywhere in the same order-of-magnitude as inexpensive to run as something from here is totally fanciful; Japan, yes, where they point-blank stopped putting soul into cars some time around 1997 (but what would you actually want from Japan? A hybrid Camry as an appliance? You can pay $250k for a Lexus that'll outperform an HSV and it's still a boring appliance ... a Nismo GT-R is the fastest 'fridge to ever do the 'Ring!).

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Holden are definitely looking to the younger market who see a car as no more than transport.
I used to get excited about the release of new ‘real’ Holden, but not anymore. I really wanted a VE, but they didn’t build the models that I wanted. And as much as I’d like VF V8 ‘something’ as a last hurrah, I can’t convince myself that I need to wave goodbye to what I have now.
When the day comes that I need a new car, I would be shopping any of the many FWD 4/6 cyl offerings available, and basically they will all be the same, no character disposable whitegoods.
Thinking ....... “that new Kia V6 RWD looks interesting, it may have a personality”

Comfal

Reaction score
I am really interested in buying the V6 version of this car but my fear is they will market it as a "Premium" product and price it too high when realistically it is a replacement for the current SV6.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
It WILL be cheaper to build, though, because the production-line it's rolling off will be allowed by HO to churn a lot more cars out for global consumption

Yes, but don't anyone hold their breath on that being reflected in the price.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Yes, but don't anyone hold their breath on that being reflected in the price.
It won't be priced more than a Mondeo; and that's effectively a fair whack cheaper than a Commodore (ignoring the whole missing-4-cylinders thing). I think only the AWD V6 will be exxy, like 6cyl Calais V money, but with more luxostuff.

Maloo37

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais, VF2 SSVR UTE
I am really interested in buying the V6 version of this car but my fear is they will market it as a "Premium" product and price it too high when realistically it is a replacement for the current SV6.

Looks like the AWD V6 will be sold as the SS will be interesting too see its pricing. Me for one when I am looking to buy another car a 4 door in the next 3yrs I will be going straight to the new merc AMG exdemos should be around the 70k when I want one... but only time will tell and who knows maybe in the end I will like this new Opel.....lol just have to find some aftermarket Opel badges