Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

202 noisy rocker/lifter/POS

Guzzoline addict

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr v6
Did you bleed the lifters before you put them in?The different rockers you put on,did you check for wear?I,m thinking its just badly worn rockers.

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
do your valves sound normal if you tap them with a hammer, normal is a little hard to describe but if you tap a few then find one that sounds funny youll know what i mean.

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
something like that lol :D

seq4x4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
Something weird happened. It doesnt tap anymore. Didnt put the other rockers in either. It just didnt tap when i fired it up this morning.

Altho now with this new coil, iv got feed back through some songs. Went out and bought the resistor it says to use, now i just gotta figure out how to use it.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
I'd say they just needed to run in. Or it had to get the oil pressure up. Pump might be a little sad.

seq4x4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
Its not too bad, sits on about 20PSI cruising, 40PSI when i give it a good boot at times. But idle it has 0-5 at max. But i do have a small leak possibly the rear main. But the resistor did wonders for the running of the car tho. Smoother, doesnt tap at idle when it did sometimes today.

Would like to thank everyone who posted in here too. You all helped out. Cheers guys!

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Resistor won't stop the tapping LOL.

Also, sounds like your pump is knackered. its not making any oil pressure at idle and bugger all while cruising.