Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

253km/h

Bigfella237

Reaction score
Members Ride
More cars than I've got space to park!
You're right, I got caught at a higher speed on a motorcycle in 1988, didn't make the news.
Yeah, 253 is just getting wound up on any decent road bike. I remember cracking the shits when they started electronically speed limiting road bikes to 300km/h, back in the early 90's I think it was.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Put your foot on the excelerator what could go wrong. mate will be impressed whats else matters.

Veewhyfan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VeeWhy
Yeah, 253 is just getting wound up on any decent road bike. I remember cracking the shits when they started electronically speed limiting road bikes to 300km/h, back in the early 90's I think it was.
Indeed it was. (the 90's) nothing like the sound of GP bikes banging against a software limiter down the main straight @ Eastern Creek.

Draimond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Executive
Wait... "other drivers called police"... they didn't mention if they got fined for using a phone while driving

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Wait... "other drivers called police"... they didn't mention if they got fined for using a phone while driving

Some cars have a facility to make a call without touching the phone

Draimond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Executive
Some cars have a facility to make a call without touching the phone
Which I'm sure they absolutely used.

I'm surprised that guy managed to hit that speed without getting himself killed. That section of highway they showed looked busy enough that he would've had to of been weaving between cars still.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Which I'm sure they absolutely used.

I'm surprised that guy managed to hit that speed without getting himself killed. That section of highway they showed looked busy enough that he would've had to of been weaving between cars still.

The time it occurred, the road isn't real busy....The only time it gets a little busy is round 7 A.M to 9. A.M and 3 P.M to 5P.M....Even then, I wouldn't class it as busy.....And the section he would have been clocked in, is fairly new (around 3 years old) and is 3 lanes wide...The section they show on the news is an older section, that has been joined into from the newer section, to create a transport corrodor....Just happens that's where he broken down and about a kay up the road is point to point cameras.......

convas

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SSV
".And the section he would have been clocked in, is fairly new (around 3 years old) and is 3 lanes wide"

In Germany that speed would be totally legal ... if not considered a bit slow for the "fast" lane.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
".And the section he would have been clocked in, is fairly new (around 3 years old) and is 3 lanes wide"

In Germany that speed would be totally legal ... if not considered a bit slow for the "fast" lane.

Fella was unlicenced, high on something as well.....So even if he was in Germany I still reckon the outcome would have been the same

As for the speed side of things in Germany....The section of road he was clocked on probably would have been suitable, had it been in Germany, but alas it wasn't.....And we could all think of roads that we think those speeds are suitable, but I'm not going to get into that debate

Draimond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Executive
Sounds like that guys was not in a very good head space. If that road gets empty to the point he felt he could hit that speed safely then fair enough. If you're only putting yourself at risk and you accept the consequences and are in a sound mental state to make that choice, in my opinion it's fine. But if it puts anyone else at risk, like his passenger or the other drivers that called it in, then it's unacceptable.

I'm heavily bias because of how much time I spend on the road and the stuff Ive seen road law enforcement do is disgusting. Tho, to be clear I don't agree with that guy doing 250 where he did.

Would be nice if Aus had better road construction, traffic management, high speed lanes etc. There's so many issues with roads, law enforcement and motorists.