Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

25mm manifold and 12mm plenum spacer

MACE

Reaction score
would it have any effect if the motor is supercharged ??????

These work well on NA, turbocharged and supercharged cars, as shown in the link below.

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...3-manifold-spacer-ecotec-wow.html#post1643637

It sounds like you have it around the wrong way the longer runner length is what made the difference not the insulating properties of the manifold. The air in an engine never sits there long enough to heat up.

The insulating properties do help but the main reason is because of the increase in runner length.

i got the 25mm plenum the other day, very noticable in the low end!

Glad you’re happy with the gains Rhys :)

You're talking the spacer yeah?

If habs420 is in fact who I think it is then he got the 25mm manifold insulator otherwise I just looked like a goose LOL :p
Cheers
Steve :D

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Haha :D. i'm looking forward to these, just gotta sell my ute and get the car first ;D

menace2sobriety

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY soon to be boosted
25mm Manifold Insulator and 12mm Plenum Spacer fitted the other day, took roughly 35 minutes all up ( no dicking around ) + a bit longer to let the GOO set, no need for instructions, everything is very basic

Now at idle with the bonnet open the whole plenum is cool to the touch even when the engine is hot-hot, obviously with the bonnet closed this heats up but is still a lot cooler than the intake

Bottom end torque has increased and has also seemed to increased throughout the entire rev range, if I have the wheels on any angle while taking off with anything over quarter throttle it will start to spin the wheels

No modification was needed for my bonnet

Quick and easy mod to do, for the extra low down torque you pick up, it is worth the money

Cheers

MACE

Reaction score
25mm Manifold Insulator and 12mm Plenum Spacer fitted the other day, took roughly 35 minutes all up ( no dicking around ) + a bit longer to let the GOO set, no need for instructions, everything is very basic

Now at idle with the bonnet open the whole plenum is cool to the touch even when the engine is hot-hot, obviously with the bonnet closed this heats up but is still a lot cooler than the intake

Bottom end torque has increased and has also seemed to increased throughout the entire rev range, if I have the wheels on any angle while taking off with anything over quarter throttle it will start to spin the wheels

No modification was needed for my bonnet

Quick and easy mod to do, for the extra low down torque you pick up, it is worth the money

Cheers

Thanks for the constructive feedback menace2sobriety. Glad to hear you're happy with the products

Best Regards,
Steve

aza03

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve series 2 ss
I had these spacers on my vy they are great well worth the money

Last edited:

HoldenOn

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS equip, 4.2L stroker on its way.
im considering picking up a plenum spacer and manifold insulator next week for me n/a ecotec. Would a 12mm spacer and 12mm insulator be a good mix? or should i go 12mm spacer and 25mm insulator?

MACE

Reaction score
im considering picking up a plenum spacer and manifold insulator next week for me n/a ecotec. Would a 12mm spacer and 12mm insulator be a good mix? or should i go 12mm spacer and 25mm insulator?

Hey HoldenOn,

An ideal combo would be a 12mm plenum spacer and a 25mm manifold insulator, if space or budget permits. Otherwise you'll be happy with a 12mm plenum and a 12mm insulator

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
Steve

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
Sorry to dig deep and find a old thread but is there much difference between 12+12mm and 12+25mm spacer set up? Looking to order 12 plem and 12 manifold or 25 manifold spacer.. Prob in the next 2 weeks and maybe a cold air intake as well..

vyseriesII

The Blessed Hellride
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VyS S2 Blown
Better to 12mm plen and 25mm insulator. Other way round for supercharged engines. But in saying that, i run 12mm plen, 25mm insulator and its now supercharged and i have no issues.

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
Cool thanks for the help.. Not looking to charge it for a while yet but 1 day maybe.