Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

3.8 turbo ecu queries

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
Depending on what version of software you are using to what parameters you would max out.

The software I use goes to 9600RPM, and supports 3bar.
So if you are going higher than that, you may need to go aftermarket...

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
I doubt you'd be using a buick v6 if 45 psi boost and 10,000 rpm limit was the goal.
Unless it was using a stop watch to see how long it lasted.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
There are limitations on what inputs the ECU uses, if you have extra sensors the Delco won't see them. I'm not a tuner, but every ECU has limits. The Delco will most likely be more than adequate for a turbo V6, but there are aftermarket ECU's out there that do a lot more.

2INIL8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH COMMODORE 308
You wont max out on a buick or ecotec v6 lol. 3 bar 9600 rpm not going to happen.
Your right your not a tuners and its an uneducated comment.
Plenty people making big power on delco and ls ecu's.
Only reason people go aftermarket is usually lack of tuner for the delco ecu.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Just because I'm not a tuner doesn't mean I don't know a thing about tuning. Ease of tune is probably the number one factor in an aftermarket ECU, but every ECU has it's limits and what it can and can't see.

If everyone only commented on things that they are educated and properly knowledgeable in, then there would be very few comments indeed.

You obviously tune. You know better than I do.

2INIL8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH COMMODORE 308
I do tune these and I'm telling you that you don't know what your talking about cant be any clearer!
Why even mention it on a v6 that's what I cant understand its never going to see those limits
that's why I said " what limits" ?
Stupid comments like this are what cost people money because people like you don't understand what something can or cant do.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
All I said was it would take a lot of money before you exceeded a Delco's limitations. Which you can do. Which is why I also said to just increase boost and tune to suit because he just wanted a bit more power. I don't see how it's a stupid comment and I didn't tell him to go buy a new ECU.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
delco will go a long way like pretty much all the way .we are currently running 10.50's on the 1/4 with delco ecu and 2 bar sensor on v6 turbo about to go quicker again in a week.haltech is just going backwards unless you cant find a competant delco tuner local.

turbo05

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn v6
Delco your the man with the vb in masterton ae an the turbod hz ae? Who does your tuning that vb is awsome

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
me lol ................