Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

304 checking for spark

Glaze

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Check to see if the flashing red light on the dash goes out before trying to start it.
Red light is off once key is turned to “on” or whenever I press the unlock button on the remote however just as I turn the key to fire it it flashes briefly but never comes back on. Every time I start the car the immobiliser light just flashes once while the car is cranking but it never comes back on then it rearms as per normal. Maybe a bad read from the key considering it is held by a zip tie.
Would it be worth a shot getting another remote done before changing module/coil?

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Red light is off once key is turned to “on” or whenever I press the unlock button on the remote however just as I turn the key to fire it it flashes briefly but never comes back on. Every time I start the car the immobiliser light just flashes once while the car is cranking but it never comes back on then it rearms as per normal. Maybe a bad read from the key considering it is held by a zip tie

if the light turns off the key is working.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Just tried again, when I go to start it the immobiliser light flashes briefly
That's fine as that's just the voltage dropping when the starter is engaged. As long as it turns off.

Glaze

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
That's fine as that's just the voltage dropping when the starter is engaged. As long as it turns off.
Yeah it turns off while cranking but when key is turned to run position it flashes briefly... well bought a new key and same thing immobiliser light flashes once when turning to run position. Gonna change the coil tomorrow and see what happens then maybe the module

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
If it’s not coil or ignition module then the Hall effect sensor in your dizzy would be the last port of call in that case you may as well just buy a new dizzy

Glaze

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Coil was cracked.... works now. Anyone have ideas as I bought a tridon coil but doesn’t line up with the bracket on the motor... right now it’s held by one nut and screw where the ground is. The screws that came with the coil too big for the bracket... and the original screws too slim for the coil... cheers for everyone’s assistance

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
That'd be original coil if it cracked between the 2 bolt holes & still got square plug.

You'll have macgyver that bracket to suit coil by welding or riveting plate to it & drill bigger holes to suit coil....or mount coil elsewhere then need longer coil lead + lengthen wiring (more common on vn-vs)