Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

304 or LS1, personal opinions.

johnvtls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
E92 BWM 335I
Really? Wow your a smart cookie. Amazing what traction control does huh?

You can never have enough power :) Just curious, aren't you still well over 5 seconds 0-100? Pretty game wanting a 0-100 run if your not close to 4.5's...

between 12 and 13? How is that better? When your averaging sub 11/100 with less than a 45 km/h average then you can say its economical.

my cammed, stalled, and 3.7:1 geared ls1 averages 14-16, just depends how much i give it and where i drive for the week and it has a good soild 100rwkws over ur 5 liter.

whoops quoted the wrong perosn lol all good.

Last edited:

johnvtls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
E92 BWM 335I
Thats why you cam an LS1, they sound sooo much better, much tougher than the 5.0 even if its cammed. That said, almost every 5.0 ive heard sounds exactly the same, rarely have I heard the same sounding LS1.

yep, cammed ls1's sound awesome. when i cbf ill put up some sound clips of some cammed ls1's.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
well if u dont care about going fast why get a v8 in the first place. this whole sound thing is all 5 liter drivers have lol. LS1's sound plenty good with an exhaust. cammed ls1's sound brilliant. all in all ls1 is wayyyy better, but theres always going to be somthing better. the l98/ls3 is making the ls1 look pretty average these days anyway.

I got a V8 because i wanted torque to do burnouts, hence i wanted the best sounding V8 avaliable, hence i got the Aussie 5L ;)

LS1 Fanboys are worse than PS fanboys, and there pretty bad.

johnvtls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
E92 BWM 335I
I got a V8 because i wanted torque to do burnouts, hence i wanted the best sounding V8 avaliable, hence i got the Aussie 5L ;)

LS1 Fanboys are worse than PS fanboys, and there pretty bad.

mate im not a "fanboy" im stating facts. the LS1 is better then the 5.0liter fullstop. its not beacuse i own one, its just logicial. If the 5.0liter was so good holden would still be using it.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
mate im not a "fanboy" im stating facts. the LS1 is better then the 5.0liter fullstop. its not beacuse i own one, its just logicial. If the 5.0liter was so good holden would still be using it.

I never said the LS1 isn't better for everything other than sound, anyone who claims otherwise is a moron!. You just keep littering the thread with the same comment, paying out someones car in the process.

johnvtls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
E92 BWM 335I
I never said the LS1 isn't better for everything other than sound, anyone who claims otherwise is a moron!. You just keep littering the thread with the same comment, paying out someones car in the process.

sorry mate but where have i payed out anyones car?

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Oh, Auto, nevermind......

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
I'd love to go round in circles with you mate, but i don't want to be held responsible if you can't reply maturely, which is the way it seems to work here ;)