Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

304 sniper kit

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
What size did you go or what model do you remember? Just looking at the im the looking at the efi hardware ones at the moment
The 700CFM one.

Believe it or not bigger isn't better. 700CFM supports up to about 550-600HP.

It gives better low down drivability, I had a 1200CFM holley (pre sniper) one before and it was way too sensitive and hard to drive at light throttle, the 700CFM one is perfect for street duties.

Cammed 6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn ss, 5L vn calais
The 700CFM one.

It gives better low down drivability, I had a 1200CFM holley (pre sniper) one before and it was way too sensitive and hard to drive at light throttle, the 700CFM one is perfect for street duties.
Yeah that seems like a good option ive just ordered the edlebrock manifold so once the funding allows I’ll look into one of them what was the fitment an stuff like?

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Yeah that seems like a good option ive just ordered the edlebrock manifold so once the funding allows I’ll look into one of them what was the fitment an stuff like?
Fitment was all fine, the only thing wiht the edelbrock manifold is you need to shorten the intake manifold bolts.

I bought a new set on ebay for like $30 then cut about 1cm off the end of them to shorten them.

You'll need a different radiator hose, I use an LX V8 torana hose with an Aeroflow thermostat housing.

You'll also need to extend your IAC and TPS wiring to reach the new location of the throttle body.

Cammed 6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn ss, 5L vn calais
Fitment was all fine, the only thing wiht the edelbrock manifold is you need to shorten the intake manifold bolts.

I bought a new set on ebay for like $30 then cut about 1cm off the end of them to shorten them.

You'll need a different radiator hose, I use an LX V8 torana hose with an Aeroflow thermostat housing.

You'll also need to extend your IAC and TPS wiring to reach the new location of the throttle body.
Ok good to know yeah think ill look into running the efi hardware rail and throttlebody then look like decent products

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
The 700CFM one.

Wouldn't a 1200cfm with progressive link bars fix that issue?

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Wouldn't a 1200cfm with progressive link bars fix that issue?
Both of mine were progressive.

The EFI Hardware one opens the secondaries at 35% throttle and the Holley one was about 40%.

However even the size of the primaries made a big difference to low down drivability.

Cammed 6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn ss, 5L vn calais
Cheers for all the info guys super helpful ive ordered the manifold and when funding allows i will throttlebody & fuel rail think i will go with efi hardware just looking through there range

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Cheers for all the info guys super helpful ive ordered the manifold and when funding allows i will throttlebody & fuel rail think i will go with efi hardware just looking through there range
I quite like the raceworks fuel rail personally but the EFI Hardware stuff is really good quality.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Yeah i need to order one aee you running the stock reg or have you gone aftermarket?
I run a raceworks regulator as my stock one gave out, but before that I did run the stock reg, you need a little adaptor that converts it into a -8 fitting which I think aeroflow makes from memory.