Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

340 headers VF2

MY17DIR

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 LE Director....
I fitted pacemaker 5387's and had them linked too a gts 2.5" cat back.

Cost for pipework / magnaflow 200cell 30deg angled cats $800. Similar sort of work if you do This with the 340 headers. Then you'll need a tune.

Looks like some quality workmanship there, nice job.

Mike__

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2ssv
Cheers mate

Custom pipework by prestige exhausts in Malaga (Perth)

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Cheers mate

Custom pipework by prestige exhausts in Malaga (Perth)
Looks vaguely familiar:)
Mainly different collector -> longer and mandrel megaphone 46ci, and cat position -> after the trans mount.
View media item 493What do you mean 30° angled cats?
Did you specify the dimensions or let shop fit it best?

LS1SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline.1970 Dodge R/T Challenger 440 six pack.
Wished we had some one in Sydney that would take the time to do that neat a job,every one I speak to aren’t interested to do stuff like that or find it to hard,probably beyond their skills,I wanted very similar to what Mike_ has but no one would listen to me so I will probably just go Hurricane 4-1s to same the time.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Wished we had some one in Sydney that would take the time to do that neat a job,every one I speak to aren’t interested to do stuff like that or find it to hard,probably beyond their skills,I wanted very similar to what Mike_ has but no one would listen to me so I will probably just go Hurricane 4-1s to same the time.
The bloke who runs Sureflo over there has a really good technical knowledge and does both off-the-shelf and custom work.
I recommend Pipemax software to understand and plan the exercise so you know what you want as opposed to having an exhaust shop "fit" some components in. I learned quite a bit by spending quite a lot, perhaps worth reading these few posts if you are interested in performance tuning the engine.

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline

Liverpool Exhaust do a fair bit of custom work, so I'm surprised they won't come to the party

LS1SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline.1970 Dodge R/T Challenger 440 six pack.
Thanks for the info Monstar,these few posts were very good reading I some how missed those posts,full of good info.

Mavericks Choice

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV M6, VF2 LS3 Calais V, VZ 6L M6 Crewie
The bloke who runs Sureflo over there has a really good technical knowledge and does both off-the-shelf and custom work.
I recommend Pipemax software to understand and plan the exercise so you know what you want as opposed to having an exhaust shop "fit" some components in. I learned quite a bit by spending quite a lot, perhaps worth reading these few posts if you are interested in performance tuning the engine.
Yes Steve is great with all things LS, one of the few who has a dyno for before & after results.

Mike__

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2ssv
Looks vaguely familiar:)
Mainly different collector -> longer and mandrel megaphone 46ci, and cat position -> after the trans mount.
View media item 493What do you mean 30° angled cats?
Did you specify the dimensions or let shop fit it best?

Yeh I seem to recall that photo posted
by someone who keeps preaching the 5387 + pipe combo on here. verified by my cousins hubbie who also uses pipemax software for his sports sedan exhaust setup and told me to use the Pacey 5387's a while back.

There wasn't much science in my approach, it's the family hauler not a race car but may aswell try get it close to what theory suggests whilst still being practical. Don't plan on doing this exercise a 2nd time.

I specified to Dominic over the phone beforehand what I wanted done for a ball park cost. He's familiar with the cars and the gts 2.5" mid section. I had a rough idea of measurements before fitting the headers over the weekend and seeing him on the Monday.

With the car up on the hoist @ the prestige workshop a ~200mm collector seemed like it would work with a 8" cat following the original exhaust path Whilst retaining the oem / gts 2.5" hanger points and exhaust route path. The result what they came up with was what I had visualised and but not sure how it would be executed. Your pipe work has the hangers on the opposite side and looks to follow a new path.

Dom used magnaflow 3" 200cell cats with a 30deg entry angle. He had a choice of straight or 30deg entry angle . I googled and only came up with straight entry so I'm not sure if maybe the small entry was cut on an angle before install?

I took 2 small clips I still need to upload if anyone is interested. Nothing special but sounds fine to me

Mike

Mike__

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2ssv

These guys do a lot of hot rod work and did all the pipework on a family members chev belair? He commonly uses the same setup Naaf recommends on these cars. I'll agree not many exhaust shops do work like this. I had a local business make an absolute mess out of a simple job installing my gts mid section. Photos on here somewhere from last year.