Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

340 headers VF2

Nico36

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline
If anyone was wondering I ended up going 231/239 cam, Rex headers, xforce 3” cat back. The drone was pretty bad under load but only with the valve 3/4 - full open. Ended up putting the varex smart box in and works great now. Great sound and no drone.

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
So is there any part of the S2 Redline exhaust that is superior to the HSV 340 system or os the HSV better all the way from Headers to mufflers from both a sound and performance aspect?

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
So is there any part of the S2 Redline exhaust that is superior to the HSV 340 system or os the HSV better all the way from Headers to mufflers from both a sound and performance aspect?
The Holden rear cans with Baillie tips are better than the HSV units and they fit the rear bar. Everything else is better on the HSV system. I tried the HSV rear mufflers. The Holden ones sounded a lot better.

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
The Holden rear cans with Baillie tips are better than the HSV units and they fit the rear bar. Everything else is better on the HSV system. I tried the HSV rear mufflers. The Holden ones sounded a lot better.

Thanks. So is the only challenge is fitting the HSV flange to the Holden Mufflers and the lack of 02 sensor bungs on the HSV Mid section?

Last edited:

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Thanks. So is the only challenger fitting the HSV flange to the Holden Mufflers and the lack of 02 sensor bungs on the HSV Mid section?
No worries. The HSV mid section will bolt straight up to the rear mufflers if it's the same flange type (I.e. either ball clamp or flat flange w 2 bolts). Some HSV midsections have 02 bungs, some don't. I have one of each type. I blanked them off to suit my MSE as the 02's were in the headers and cats. So the ones in the mid section were superfluous.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224

If you're using the HSV 340 headers and cats, the cats should be Euro 4 compliant, which should be more 'free flowing'(relative) than the Euro 5 VF2 cats.

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
If you're using the HSV 340 headers and cats, the cats should be Euro 4 compliant, which should be more 'free flowing'(relative) than the Euro 5 VF2 cats.

So would it not be illegal to change a vehicles euro certification to a lower standard?

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
So would it not be illegal to change a vehicles euro certification to a lower standard?
yes but how they gonna know. it will look the part just say you got a catback. the hsv cats have a poor entry angle anyway.

Gav376

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Maloo
Hi,
A bit of a thread dig...
Planning for a cam later on down the track so considering 4into 1's, high flow cats upgraded mid pipes and re using standard rear mufflers. Only concerned how loud the system might be if I only upgrade headers and cats using the standard hsv cat back.
Has anyone used this type of setup? I found the below setup on the xforce site but wondering if anyone has done anything similar using DPE, Manta or HM/Harrop? Also wondering how it sounds?
https://xforce.com.au/product/e2-vf82-bim-kit/
cheers,
Gav