Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

355 VN Group A Replica

BrokWoods

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SV6 Ute
Love the Car bro, Well done on all the work and the pride ! Love it.

ashleysnep

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
355 VN GRP A REP
Love the Car bro, Well done on all the work and the pride ! Love it.

Thanks!

Finally got around to getting something that I can tick of the before next track day list.

oilcooler_zps9bc6b37b.jpg

Haydz

Fasten your seatbelts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE LS1 T56

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
Was that a kit you purchased from Aeroflow. I've been wanting to do one also. But I'm already running a sandwich plate for my gauge

ashleysnep

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
355 VN GRP A REP
Looks good man apart from the brass pushfit fittings on the sandwich plate?

what size hose does it come with? and where's the cooler going? are you going to mount a fan to the oil cooler?

edit : this is what im talking about for those of you who are unfamiliar B&M Oil Cooler 13.5"x9"x3.5" Cooler 9.5" Fan 175 Deg Thermostat 1/2" NPT Female | eBay

Thats what that NPT to AN fitting is for haydz! Its -8AN, no reason to go bigger cause the ports on the adapter are smaller then -8 anyway. Even if i need more flow it still can bypass the cooler if needed, remember its got a thermostat in the sandwich plate.

Dont know i was thinking behind the left side brake duct since im not using them. In that case I wouldnt need a fan but if it cant go there a fan and another hidden location would be found. Dont really want it sticking infront of the rad if I can help it. (altho all the old commodore race cars have them there)

Was that a kit you purchased from Aeroflow. I've been wanting to do one also. But I'm already running a sandwich plate for my gauge

Nuh I got all those parts individually. Aeroflow fittings and 200 series braided hose and a speco 13 row cooler and speco oil filter adapter. I also have the sandwich plate for gauges (anyone want to buy it $50!) but I want to tap 2 holes in this adapter for the oil pressure and temp.

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
So there would be space to tap in for the gauges as well?

ashleysnep

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
355 VN GRP A REP
Ok so first off ive got the diff back, need time to put it in and im going to Melbourne for the next week so not anytime soon.

I went and installed these that I got from the wreckers, still missing one nut and one lower eye ball thing that the struts go on. Dont know where i left them cause they should of been in the bag with the rest of them.

20130302_230128_zps517aed27.jpg

Also go my socket stuck installing them :p

20130302_230104_zpsf31ef2d0.jpg

Then the kit got here for the oil cooler so I got to work on that. Not a speco adapter some one from the US but it still worked and looks cleaner so im happy with it. Tapped all the sensors in, done a bit of modifiing to the plate to get it to screw on properly. Ill let the pictures explain but in short there is room to tap the sensors but Ill see how I feel about the reading I get with them there.

Here is them temp sensor, ive got it near the inlet coming from the cooler and near the bypass. Hoping I will see the oil temp being delivered to the engine here. I also didnt want it any where near the mechanical thermostat since i dont know how much it expands when its hot.

20130304_173448_zps6bc498ce.jpg

This is where ive got the pressure sensor, this is the one im the most worried about as in what reading ill be getting cause even on the other sandwich plate they were lower then in the stock pressure switch possition. In this cavitiy we have the outlet to the cooler and the bypass, so presure is measured before it goes through the filter and cooler and thats how it was done on the old plate to.

20130304_173502_zps113e0c54.jpg

Here they are both fitted, I also tapped another thread in it to put a earth cable on. Last plate had them and the gauges didnt work once the car got hot until i connected it, forgot to take a picture of it here tho but its just under the right of the oil pressure sensor.

20130304_173517_zps36272470.jpg

All this done i went to fit it up on the car, get the centre done all the way about and the plate still sitting loose! I took it out and compared it to the old one. This one sticks out way to far so i had to take 5mm of the end of it.

20130304_181859_zpsceb89690.jpg

20130304_181909_zpsa388267f.jpg

Then it got installed, just have the cooler outlets bunged up atm didnt have time to do anything else but the hardest part is done now.

20130304_184718_zpsa2b965f9.jpg

Haydz

Fasten your seatbelts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE LS1 T56
its looking good mischa. is that big ugly gold dome just an oil pressure switch? is there something smaller you can get or hide it somewhere?

true trac will be good especially with the uprated gears wheel spinning 3rd should come with ease now :p