Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

4L60/65 Tap Shift may be possible

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
also notice on the e38 the MAF is needed for traction control to work properly, hpt has a patch for it when u go SD only in the 2 bar, not sure if this also ties in with the esp stuff

Torqueup

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX,VY,VZ,C6 Z06
Kinda back to topic. If your wanting to go down the paddle shift path on the VZ steering wheels. You can re-use the original steering wheel, u just need to use a drill bit to cut the foam away from where the hole is that the threaded bolt goes in that holds the paddles.

VY steering wheels do not have the mount for the screw to thread in.

& probably worth getting yourself some paddle buttons before i end up buying them all, I ordered 6 sets of ebay the other day.

Reactions: Lex

OldSkoolGP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman SS, VZ Pontiac GTO
Kinda back to topic. If your wanting to go down the paddle shift path on the VZ steering wheels. You can re-use the original steering wheel, u just need to use a drill bit to cut the foam away from where the hole is that the threaded bolt goes in that holds the paddles.

VY steering wheels do not have the mount for the screw to thread in.

& probably worth getting yourself some paddle buttons before i end up buying them all, I ordered 6 sets of ebay the other day.
I was very lucky to purchase an SV6 wheel last year with paddles attached, so I'm set there. And all the wiring is done from the column down the the transmission. Just have to put it all together now.

Torqueup

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX,VY,VZ,C6 Z06
Well, i picked up another VZ SS 6Lt today. this one is rego'd still so i'll do conversion on this one as well.

I might try using a later 2010 gearbox in this one though. Can use this more road testing until the other one get's panel & paint work finished.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
We know now that the early VZ SS can be converted to the E38 thanks to @OldSkoolGP documenting his conversion.

Torqueup

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX,VY,VZ,C6 Z06
We know now that the early VZ SS can be converted to the E38 thanks to @OldSkoolGP documenting his conversion.
Pretty sure he converted from an E40 (VZ HSV) ecu to the E38. They basically got a budget HSV in the 06's, the first ones they got were effectively vy ls1 monaro's.

OldSkoolGP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman SS, VZ Pontiac GTO
Well, i picked up another VZ SS 6Lt today. this one is rego'd still so i'll do conversion on this one as well.

I might try using a later 2010 gearbox in this one though. Can use this more road testing until the other one get's panel & paint work finished.
Are you using the same OS for both cars? 12609099?