Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

5.0 distributor removal/replacement

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
edit: I found the thread but the pictures weren't hosted on this site and the link to the pics is broken. Shame really, it was a great pic.
I think this is why its important to post the pics here on JC.

You post them on another site & in the future somebody looking for the pics can't access the pics.
What is the good of that?

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Yes, yes it was. I was thinking off that too but might be hard to find.

edit: I found the thread but the pictures weren't hosted on this site and the link to the pics is broken. Shame really, it was a great pic.
Yeah, he posted them a few places but the hosting site seems to have disappeared.

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/help-dizzy-stuck.99016/post-1120119

I had hundreds of pics on Photobucket and then it decided to make you pay for it. Overall annoying but hosting thousands of pictures direct on JC would probably be restricted as far as capacity goes?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Yeah, he posted them a few places but the hosting site seems to have disappeared.

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/help-dizzy-stuck.99016/post-1120119

I had hundreds of pics on Photobucket and then it decided to make you pay for it. Overall annoying but hosting thousands of pictures direct on JC would probably be restricted as far as capacity goes?

Yup, that's why I believe @Darren restricted the pic size. I don't know the numbers but I do believe the pics take a huge amount of storage in comparison to the actual forum database.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
The pics size is restricted to pics below 2 MB in size.
Does the forum descale pictures? Picture sizes are so large now (most pics I take on my phone) at 4mb that having to process an image to simply be able to upload to the forum is annoying and I'd rather just externally host where that happens automatically but it's a one step process.

My vh thread is full of dead pics but I've also lost the originals so relinking isn't possible.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
No, you need to do that before uploading. Forum will reject images over 2mb.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Picture sizes are so large now (most pics I take on my phone)
You can resize the pic either on your phone or computer. Choose the pic you want then edit, resize, then just drag the sides or top ôr bottom of pic, save & you're done.

This is on a windows pc or android phone. I imagine, apple would be same or similiar?

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
You can resize the pic either on your phone or computer. Choose the pic you want then edit, resize, then just drag the sides or top ôr bottom of pic, save & you're done.

This is on a windows pc or android phone. I imagine, apple would be same or similiar?
Problem is convenience though.

I use Dropbox now which I can directly upload to and then share from my phone with no worry of cropping or resizing.

For example that picture is 11mb, and I downloaded it straight off my drone, to the phone then uploaded to Dropbox and shared here.

If the forum wants any chance of being the first choice for uploading things it needs to either up its size limit or descale pictures automatically.

dji_fly_20230620_170638_687_1687245257720_photo-3.jpg

Reactions: Lex