Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

5lt stalling

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
executive vt 5.0lt VZ CREWMAN
well I changed the tps, and cleaned out the iac, which was full of carbon, so took it for a drive, seems to be better, but might be my imagination lol have to see how it goes if starts again will have to look to the distributer

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
well last night, the stalling started again, I told the wife next time she got fuel to put 98 in it, so she let the gauge go down to 1/4, comp on dash saying 110ks to go, it seems when its low on fuel it plays up ,so I got it to the servo, filled up with 98, then drove it about 5 ks with out a problem.its got me

jiimmiiboii

2nd gear trac off = :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx series ii s pack
well last night, the stalling started again, I told the wife next time she got fuel to put 98 in it, so she let the gauge go down to 1/4, comp on dash saying 110ks to go, it seems when its low on fuel it plays up ,so I got it to the servo, filled up with 98, then drove it about 5 ks with out a problem.its got me

I've got a vx series 2 and every time it's on 1/4 of a tank or less it stalls and plays up as well, I found in one of the general chats on this forum a post saying that some vt's through to vz's had there fuel gauge arm bent when installing the fuel pumps into the tank's from the factory, so the fuel gauge is basically empty when it's at 1/4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

king_rick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 5.0L Berlina wagon
^^True but then it wouldn't start again or would soon die after it started up. Could be heaps of things if it's dying when idling could be IAC valve, leaky/dodgy injector, vacuum leak, fuel blockage, ignition module, coil etc. If it dies while driving could also be the above problems, and also could be no reference signal to distributor (dodgy hall effect sensor, wiring) My 5.0L VT was dying whilst driving turned out to be the hall effect sensor after replacing the ignition module and voltage regulator. Most of these problems will log a code but if no code then unfortunately it's a hard task to diagnose.

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
yep, no codes comeing up, wife drove to work and back today no problem, I was going to change fuel filter ,but some ######## has stuffed up the conector, and there is no way it will come off. the other side has a hose clamp on it, you will see the the tabs have been broken off

Attachments

• 20130921_103159.jpg
    20130921_103159.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 441

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
get the lid off a pump water bottle cut a groove in it and slide it up inside the connector then push the connector on and pull off.i hate them connectors

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
mate, I tried that, I got the tool but it wont budge ive tried every thing bar cutting the hose I don't want to do that bar droping the tank and replace the hose and conector

king_rick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 5.0L Berlina wagon
Just replace the hose it's only a small section should be a $10 u pull it job shouldn't have to drop the tank.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
You need to push the tool into the connector, then while you are holding the tool into the connector with one hand, push the tool and connector towards the filter, then pull the tool and connector off the filter. If that works, and before you replace the filter, put some oil on both sides of the filter where it joins the connectors so that you don't have a similar difficulty in the future.

Just as an aside, I have seen two tools on the market. One is a set of (about) six white different sized plastic slotted connectors. The other is a tool that looks like an "X" and is joined in the middle with different sized connectors on the arms. The first set works well. The second set doesn't work so well because the bits that fit into the filter connector are too long and need to be trimmed before they are useful. What tool are you using?