Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

6 SPEED AUTO CLINK noise

duca1991

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Executive
Hey all
6 speed auto, 67xxx k's
Reverse to Drive makes a clink sound. Sounds like its coming from the front of the car.
Any ideas? If not just going to take it to an auto transmission place.
Thanks

SSVAGON

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII SV6 Ute
Mine does it too, it gets worse over time to the point where you can here the same click/clunk when coming to a stop. More noticeable stopping from 80ks on a down hill slope for some reason.
Holden told me it's backlash in the transmission gear set. They also said its not detrimental to the transmission. Pfffffffft we will see.
I have 85k on my car and its getting more noticeable.

I serviced my trans, no change.

duca1991

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Executive
I hope it does not get to that point SSVAGON, At this stage it isn't doing it when coming to a stop. It just does the soft manual geardown as the 6 speeds do. The clink always happens when coming stop a give way sign and whilst rolling at 5k's then taking off it will clink.. It better not be detrimental to the gearbox or else im screwed. The auto's oil and filter havnt been changed since new, i had it looked at and the oil still looks fine. So not worth changing it as you said it changed nothing.
ARGH!