Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

7 year 175000km warranty on new holdens delivered

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I've found if you don't keep hitting 'Post Reply' it won't duplicate.

The posting at the moment is extremely slow and can take a minute or more to happen but it will eventually get there.

Colonel6061

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director
Hi
I just confirmed via Holden chat, that our Director we picked up today qualifies, even though the order was placed in January. Happy with that!
Hi guys, my dealer wants $682 bucks for the 7 year warranty extension and aren't going to budge by the look, not happy, can see some value but when you spend 75k on a Director it could have been thrown in, has anyone else been charged or is it complimentary ?
I'm picking up my car tomorrow , she's finally good to go, paint protection and window tint done

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Hi

Hi guys, my dealer wants $682 bucks for the 7 year warranty extension and aren't going to budge by the look, not happy, can see some value but when you spend 75k on a Director it could have been thrown in, has anyone else been charged or is it complimentary ?
I'm picking up my car tomorrow , she's finally good to go, paint protection and window tint done

Is that a dealer aftermarket warranty or the factory warranty?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
GUZZLA and wrangle were quoted the exact same amount, and dah_man_ben seems to have got it for nix:

My new Redline is coming off the line on the 19th, however ordered back in February - they told me I cant get the 7yr warranty because it was ordered back then, but after a bit of whinging, they have chucked it in. Awesome!

I can see why you're asking though panhead; I'd be checking 100% with the dealer to be sure it's not just a dealer warranty.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
GUZZLA and wrangle were quoted the exact same amount, and dah_man_ben seems to have got it for nix:

I can see why you're asking though panhead; I'd be checking 100% with the dealer to be sure it's not just a dealer warranty.

That's my thoughts as well.

I'd want to see the documentation to be 100% sure I wasn't paying for a useless aftermarket warranty before I'd consider handing any cash over and even then I'd be in 2 minds and would what to know what the term and conditions are before committing myself.

RTSV6UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director build number 332..."CALDIR"
Hi guys, my dealer wants $682 bucks for the 7 year warranty extension and aren't going to budge by the look

Hi

If it is a real factory warranty, tell your dealer you can bring them some extra business as I for one would opt for that.

Regards,

RTSV6UTE

Colonel6061

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director
Hi

If it is a real factory warranty, tell your dealer you can bring them some extra business as I for one would opt for that.

Regards,

RTSV6UTE
Yep, factory warranty, I made sure of that

Mr Sponge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Heron White VFII Motorsport Edition
I just picked up my Motorsport today and after I asked they gave me the 7 year warranty so I would be pushing to get it

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Sounds like a call to Holden head office, customer care or whoever people call to get a straight answer on warranty issues would be a good idea.
Dealers could be trying to make an extra buck by 'selling' you the warranty you are automatically entitled to.
There must be an official start date to the 7 year warranty and all cars sold after that would be covered?