Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

7 year 175000km warranty on new holdens delivered

RTSV6UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director build number 332..."CALDIR"
There must be an official start date to the 7 year warranty and all cars sold after that would be covered?

Hi

My guess is it will be determined by the actual delivery date of the vehicle and not the date that the contract was signed.

So for example cars delivered through the month of October 2017 will get the 7 year warranty.

Regards,

RTSV6UTE

Colonel6061

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director
Hi

My guess is it will be determined by the actual delivery date of the vehicle and not the date that the contract was signed.

So for example cars delivered through the month of October 2017 will get the 7 year warranty.

Regards,

RTSV6UTE
Thanks guys, I agree, and holden customer care really don't have a clue, couldn't tell me, they told me to talk to my dealer and that was my understanding that all cars across the range inc my17 and V8s and it was based on delivery date, my dealer said he would be charged the $682 if he gave it to me, "no such thing as a free lunch" he quoted, pretty sure there is a few free lunches on the 3k DD I was charged, but yeah, would hate to pay for something I was entitled to for free.
Surely someone can tell us/me the T&Cs, I should be able to get it in writing that NO you are NOT entitled on this basis or YES you are, it should not be negotiable between dealers and customers

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
What's the standard warrant if you don't get 7 years? Hate to say it but I reckon it's worth a fair bit for at least 2 extra years. Gearboxes ain't cheap ;)

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Standard warranty is 3 years & ... I think 100k kms?
So it’s actually an extra 4 years.
If it’s transferable (which you’d check but it should be) and you’re planning on selling in 3-4 year’s time, I reckon it’ll make a pretty big difference to retail being able to offer 3-4 year’s worth of factory warranty as part of the sale.

Colonel6061

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director
What's the standard warrant if you don't get 7 years? Hate to say it but I reckon it's worth a fair bit for at least 2 extra years. Gearboxes ain't cheap ;)
Standard is 3 years / 100ks, I agree the extra 4 years is great value and may well pay for itself, no issue there, I just want clarity around what I'm entitled to for free as part of Holdens new 7 year promo, if my car does not qualify for a documented reason, fine, I'm ok to pay for the extra warranty,I just don't want to fatten the dealers wallet at my expense

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Holy Graceland! From 3 years to 7 years. Get it! If the dum bastards brought out the 7 year warranty 5 years ago they would have sold many thousands more commodores.
Instead they went for Kim chee and sushi because of the far better warranty offered.
All the Big Car nonsense is hogwash, look how many mustangs are selling and now they're bringing the Camaro out as well.

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
The 7 year warranty (and any other Holden promotions) are applied to a car based on your order date, it has nothing to do with your delivery date.

However, the dealer can alter your order date, but there is a dealer contribution towards the promotion, which is $681.82 plus GST ($750), except for SV6, where the dealer gets charged a nominal $1 fee (this is just to track that the car has been included in the program).

The extra warranty is worth that amount all day long. This would be costing Holden thousands of dollars per car. Warranty spend after that many years/kms on Holden's is huge.

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
The 7 year warranty (and any other Holden promotions) are applied to a car based on your order date, it has nothing to do with your delivery date.

However, the dealer can alter your order date, but there is a dealer contribution towards the promotion, which is $681.82 plus GST ($750), except for SV6, where the dealer gets charged a nominal $1 fee (this is just to track that the car has been included in the program).

The extra warranty is worth that amount all day long. This would be costing Holden thousands of dollars per car. Warranty spend after that many years/kms on Holden's is huge.

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch

RTSV6UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director build number 332..."CALDIR"

Hi

Ok, I wonder if the Director order that I took over towards the end of July 2017 comes under the 7 year warranty?, I suppose I might have to take into consideration that it was someone else's cancelled order and I have no idea when they originally ordered the car.

Regards,

RTSV6UTE