Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

7 year 175000km warranty on new holdens delivered

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
Order date = whenever you signed a contract for the car and paid a deposit on it. Up until October last year that date was firm and Holden audits deals to make sure that dealers aren't being dodgy (I.e they check customers contracts and want written evidence of deposits paid etc) to make sure that people weren't getting given extra warranty etc, when they weren't entitled to it. They made the change so that if you signed up one month and then Holden changed the offer the following month and you thought the new offer was better, then you could change. For example, let say you signed up last month and they were doing free servicing and then this month they changed to 7 years warranty, if you complained/asked the dealer to change, there's a form we can fill out and get signed that allows this change to occur.

At the same time, if you legitimately signed up for your car in July, knowing you were getting no 'freebies' and now all of a sudden they're giving them away this month, the dealer doesn't have to give you this months offer, because the terms and conditions of the offer state for orders taken between 1/10/2017 and 31/12/2017.

The warranty contribution cost to the dealer is $750. If they offer it to you for this, then you've done well, because really we're not supposed to change the customer order date beyond 30 days and they do audit this and a dealer can then be charged back the full cost of the warrranty or whatever promotion that is running.

We couldn't even buy a 4 year extension of new car warranty from Allianz for that amount and it would usually probably retail for upwards of $2,000.

dah_man_ben

Reaction score
Members Ride
Tesla Model 3 Performance, Mazda 6
I'd check re 19th, no cars built on 19th or 20th, press lines already shut down
Yeah mate, called them yesterday - its showing in the system as 18th now. Cheers

dah_man_ben

Reaction score
Members Ride
Tesla Model 3 Performance, Mazda 6
I'd check re 19th, no cars built on 19th or 20th, press lines already shut down it's all coming to a end

Yeah mate, called them yesterday - its showing in the system as 18th now. Cheers

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
We couldn't even buy a 4 year extension of new car warranty from Allianz for that amount and it would usually probably retail for upwards of $2,000.
In terms of value, it's maybe resale where the new buyer wins ... but as a used buyer, I found my dad a 2.5yo Maxima for just under half the price of a still-the-same-at-the-time new one. He bought that, bought the extended factory warranty offered by Nissan which took it out to 5 years, and he had an as-new car with 3.5 remaining year & 110k remaining kilometre warranty on it for only just over the price of buying a new one the same with a 3 remaining year & 100k remaining kilometre warranty.
From a piece of mind POV it was worth it (not that he actually used it, this was before Nissans were Renaults and Commodores were Peugeots :)).

RTSV6UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director build number 332..."CALDIR"
Hi

For those of you that already have your Director, MSE or Magnum ute and didn't get a 7 year/175,000k warranty please contact Holden customer care asap and let yourselves be heard, but do it very politely and make sure to get your case/reference number. You should really do this before the weekend or latest by Monday next week.

A meeting is going to be happening next week on Monday or Tuesday as to what to do with us owners who purchased these cars and who were not offered the 7 year/175,000k warranty. The meeting will also discuss the issue on some Directors been released with black door side moulds and some with chrome door side moulds and they will try to finalise on what Holden are going to do for and wait for it "OFFER" all of the Director owners regardless of the colour of your side body moulds.

I highly recommend you all get on board as it can only work in our favour should they offer us some extra promotion specific to us limited edition owners and the 2 points of contact I have had (one very confidential) confirmed it does come down to how many owners genuinely voice their concerns to Holden, if you don't let your voice be heard now, forever hold your peace!

Regards,

RTSV6UTE

Voodoo_Ve

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline
I got confirmation my build is done rhey just need to arrange transport and do QA. Delivery around the 19th. Dealer also confirmed 7yr warranty would be given.

Colonel6061

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director
Hi

For those of you that already have your Director, MSE or Magnum ute and didn't get a 7 year/175,000k warranty please contact Holden customer care asap and let yourselves be heard, but do it very politely and make sure to get your case/reference number. You should really do this before the weekend or latest by Monday next week.

A meeting is going to be happening next week on Monday or Tuesday as to what to do with us owners who purchased these cars and who were not offered the 7 year/175,000k warranty. The meeting will also discuss the issue on some Directors been released with black door side moulds and some with chrome door side moulds and they will try to finalise on what Holden are going to do for and wait for it "OFFER" all of the Director owners regardless of the colour of your side body moulds.

I highly recommend you all get on board as it can only work in our favour should they offer us some extra promotion specific to us limited edition owners and the 2 points of contact I have had (one very confidential) confirmed it does come down to how many owners genuinely voice their concerns to Holden, if you don't let your voice be heard now, forever hold your peace!

Regards,

RTSV6UTE
Hi RTSV6, well, my deal is done, I picked up my Director today, it's paid for and in my garage, I called for and chased answers for this 7year deal for the last week and struggled to get a straight answer, I even got the Holden guys to call my dealer to make sure all was in line, but the dealer was sticking to his guns around the passed on cost to him from the manufacturer, ie;Holden, in the end it was agreed it was based around the order date and I could opt out of that and opt into the new deal, but at a cost of $682( No GST ) regardless it's a great deal for the 4 extra years of full factory warranty and I really didn't want to sour the deal, it's hard to argue when a gleaming black Director is sitting about 2 meters away ready to drive off in, besides it looked like rain and I wanted to get out of there asap, it will be interesting to see any outcomes from the moulds issue, I got the chrome ones, but would be happy to get a set of Black ? Appreciate the update and good advice, Cheers Colonel

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
So which way did you go? 3 years or 7?

wrangle

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF 2 Redline
With the helpful advice from this thread I've come to understand it and accept that my dealer is simply passing on costs. I think they should absorb it but can't get them to do that.

I have written back to customer care today making a case for Holden to provide me with same deal as the sv6 i.e. Charge the dealer $1 not $682 (mine is an October delivery redline). I also made the case that all limited edition vehicles should have the same offer as a show of faith.