Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

7 year 175000km warranty on new holdens delivered

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
I have contacted Holden Customer care and have been advised that I need to pay $1300 for the 7 year warranty. My MSE was delivery Sept 22.

Below is the email from Holden Customer Care. I have removed some details for privacy.

Has anyone who has contacted Customer Care to enquire about the 7 year warranty have you received any feedback from them.

On Monday, 16 October 2017, 9:31:56 am AEDT, Holden Customer Care <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi XXXX,

Thanks for your time the other day. I can confirm that you can opt in for the 7 year warranty due to just missing out on the promotional period. However, there will be a charge of $1300 if you would like to be included. Prices for vehicles vary month to month and to be included in the program you must pay the retail price for the vehicle for that month.

If you would like to go ahead, you will need to go into a dealership to pay this amount. Please advise which dealership you will go into and I will advise them before your arrival. You will then need to email me the receipt and I will update your vehicle's file for a 7 year warranty.

Yours sincerely,
NXXXXXXXl
Holden Customer Care

Last edited:

Thof

JR Sen
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY13 VF SSV sedan - Phantom
Hmm, I'm just thinking out loud that for my April built my 17 redline ute, Holden are helping me with my 3 yr warranty by saying they can now do 7, and of course state and federal statutory warranty rights :) And I don't have to pay $1300... which I may invest wisely in beer....

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
South gate Holden in Adelaide have MSE in sog manual 67k, note 7yr warranty Inc this month

Chefie

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #1133 SOAG, Daily
Has anyone who has contacted Customer Care to enquire about the 7 year warranty have you received any feedback from them.
My MSE was delivered 21/9 and have raised it with HCC via phone, they advised last weekk there was a decision to be made this week ? I didn't receive a SRN and have no response from dealer or HCC, will call again today and request a reference number

Chefie

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #1133 SOAG, Daily
Thanks for the update Zappaboy

HCC confirmed this morning that they will apply the 7 year warranty at a cost of $1300 payable to the dealer, Now to get the 3 year extended warranty credited from the dealer, The product that i was not advised is a allianz third party warranty ???? not factory

jetfrost

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport
I received a call from customer care just a few minutes ago and they confirmed I can opt in the 7 year warrant by contacting the dealer at a cost between $800 to $1300. Gee I thought they would include this in since we were slugged a premium on the dealer delivery charge.
"Still not happy Jan"

RTSV6UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director build number 332..."CALDIR"
I received a call from customer care just a few minutes ago and they confirmed I can opt in the 7 year warrant by contacting the dealer

Hi

When did you pick up your new car?

Regards,

RTSV6UTE

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
I received a call from customer care just a few minutes ago and they confirmed I can opt in the 7 year warrant by contacting the dealer at a cost between $800 to $1300. Gee I thought they would include this in since we were slugged a premium on the dealer delivery charge.
"Still not happy Jan"
What was your dealer charges. Mine was $2995 which I think is steep considering all that was done on my MSE was a car wash, pre delivery check and test of the battery as I requested all decals be left on the car. I think some LE owners were even charged more than me !!!!

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
A meeting is going to be happening next week on Monday or Tuesday as to what to do with us owners who purchased these cars and who were not offered the 7 year/175,000k warranty. The meeting will also discuss the issue on some Directors been released with black door side moulds and some with chrome door side moulds and they will try to finalise on what Holden are going to do for and wait for it "OFFER" all of the Director owners regardless of the colour of your side body moulds.

Hi all, can anyone confirm if the meeting indicated above actually occurred and if so any details