Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

///80 Series Monster Bus

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
That wiring makes me feel soooo much better about whats under the dash of my G6ET....

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
That wiring makes me feel soooo much better about whats under the dash of my G6ET....

Does it look something like this?

20140926_144122_zps1ce05a54.jpg

The LED light bar's on the bullbar are pretty useless for distance but they give a nice spot spread up close. The only reason they're on there is because i blew a globe in my IPF 800D's and had these sitting around. They were going to go on as roof rack lights but they were bigger than i expected.

The little ones mounted on the roof rack punch out a heap of light. Which is good. The only drawback to them is there is a bit of a dead zone about 1m out from the sides. This isnt so much a problem on the back because my reverse lights are 7w CREE's and do an awesome job of flooding the immediate area.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
I'd say no, but Tas would say yes.

I would say... Not that dissimilar. Especially after I went head first into it #ziptiesareforlosers

For the record... To make you both feel better, you guys have nothing for the under dash of my Prado. If I ever feel lime being shamed... I might post a photo.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
Long time no post, havent really done a whole lot. Cruiser doesnt get daily driven anymore as i take the wagon into work. Had to decide on a Christmas present for myself so i was going to get a set of rock sliders and brush bars. But given that i dont get out on the tracks as much as i tow with it i decided to finally get around to intercooling it.

After doing a bunch of research i concluded that going A2A wasnt going to be the best option as it would mean running the pipework up through the wheel arches and the core size would be limited due to the winch.

So i decided on going for a Water to Air setup. Had a look on Ebay and the only available options were a real letdown as far as "kits" went. Either the core was the wrong size or the heat exchanger was too small.

Found out about Frozenboost - Air to Water Intercooler and made up my own "kit" for less than the compromise i found on eBay.

For reference:

The Core:
Water to Air Intercoolers

intercooler_type10_picture.jpg

The Heat Exchanger:
Air to Water Radiator

radiator_24x12x1_picture.jpg

The Pump:
Water to Air Pump 0392022002

bosch_pump_picture.jpg

Ice Box:
Water to Air Ice Box Reservoir

reservoir_200_picture.jpg

Fan:
Radiator Cooling Fan

fan_picture.jpg

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Finally a W2A bit of kit!

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
nice we used clear pvc hose with wire reinforcing like food grade stuff and blue water wetter. Load the chilly bin up with ice and you can get the cooler frosting.

We also installed a solenoid to bypass resiviour and it needed a second pump to get enough flow you might not have same issues depending on how you set it up

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
nice we used clear pvc hose with wire reinforcing like food grade stuff and blue water wetter. Load the chilly bin up with ice and you can get the cooler frosting.

We also installed a solenoid to bypass resiviour and it needed a second pump to get enough flow you might not have same issues depending on how you set it up
I've got an old bilge pump sitting here that i might stick into the overflow to help circulate the water around. Not going to ever load it up with ice as it will be melted by the time i get to the top of the street. Reason i got the tank was to add more capacity to the system.

Just placed the order through tonight so should be here by the end of January at the latest, which works well because Plazmaman has gone on holidays until the 16th so i cant get the manifold adapter anyway.