Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

83 VH commy wagz

PEAKN6

Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbros.co.nr
Members Ride
1982 VH SL/X 6cyl 4spd, soon to be a Mild 253
Name: Brad
Model: 1983 vh vacationer wagon
Colour: blue
Engine Type: half a blue 202
Engine Mods: none
Power: not much
Exhaust: none
Gearbox: 3 speed trimatic (with a locked up tourquey :p)
Diff: 3.08:1
Brakes: factory
Suspension: factory
Wheels/Tyres: couple of flatties, 14" and 15"s
Interior: half missing
Other Mods: clear indecators.
Stereo: zilch atm
Future Mods: respray, vk mirrors, dark tinted windows, new diff, new rear brake line, new seats, new carpet, new rear shockers, new tyres, silver piggies. there's a sh!tload more i just cant think of many more atm

i did have this in this section a while ago but cant find it.

Anyways im trying to get the regency defect off of it and it needs a bit of work as she's a retired SKiD car (only made it to one comp tho haha, but we scored 3rd outta the six's).

neways ill throw up some pics.

in it's former glory
DSCF2727.jpg

DSCF2724.jpg

after a while in the sun the paint went even worse (wasnt very good to start with), so we gave it a quick respray for the burnout comp. (it got the regency before then, thats when we decided to make it into a burnout car)
DSCF4147.jpg

DSCF4148.jpg

still got wet paint.
DSCF4162.jpg

DSCF4161.jpg

DSCF4160.jpg

DSCF4159.jpg

DSCF4163.jpg

the next morning
DSCF4164.jpg

DSCF4167.jpg

at the burnout comp
dscn2347sq9.jpg

Picture010.jpg

how it sits now is not pretty as we resprayed it in enamel (enough said?). so im gunna respray it once the defects off (just incase it doesnt come off). ive put a vk dash in it, and soon hopefully pull the motor out, change the diff and put a good rear brake line in. i need to change seats and carpet and take off my racing pedals, put on another bonnet and a few other things then hopefully get the defect off.

ill get some pics of how it sits now maybe tomorra or within the next couple of days.

the driverside window is cactus, it use to work but it would go up on an angle and it just got worse. sometimes it couldnt go up at all so we put it up and jammed some crap in there so it would fall down or nefink. does neone know how hard it is to change the window mechanism? ive gotta few spares so i figured id have a go.

So the goal is to get her up to scratch and get the defect off it. and then respray it and make it look puurdy.

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
Yeah that paintjob was a a real qwik dodgy one. Gave the car a light sand, washed it, taped it up and painted haha....only used 2 pots of paint on the whole car :p

It's faded now and peeling in a fair few spots....so when we paint it again it's gonna take lot of work. It's going white to match my wagon. So the 'KerrBros' will both have white commy wagons :thumbsup:

Here's a pic I took about 2-3 months ago. The only changes is our yards a fraction cleaner and the wagon is pushed back a bit more haha.

Picture007Small.jpg

This weekend we're dumping the old PEAKN6 VK and the roadster....take them out to the scrap man and see if we can get $50 for them haha. Then we can do a few rubbish trips which are waaaaay overdue!! :D

PEAKN6

Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbros.co.nr
Members Ride
well today i went out and had a play with the driverside window mechanism in the wagz (it was cactus), it was bent and had teeth missing off the gears. so i pulled the one out of my vk's door and put it in and now she's all good. i was expecting it to be a headfcuk but it was pretty easy, only took bout an hour. i'm proud of myself now.
i was originally going to pull the door off but had a bit of trouble, so i gave up and thought it couldnt hurt to have a play with it, i mean i could'nt've made it ne worse, so im glad i didnt now.

PEAKN6

Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbros.co.nr
Members Ride
put the retractable seat belts in today outta my vk. tomorra i might pull the seats out if i get a chance ready to change the carpet.

does ne one know if it would be better just putting the carpet over the old one or just rip it out? i figured it couldnt do any harm and it might feel a bit better.

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Depending on the layer of carpet i guess and how thick it is and if it will go into place with the old carpet.. If you want to to look nice, then u might take ur time ripping out the old and installing the new :)

Goodluck bro, sounds like great progress!

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
i reckon i might ditch the old carpet and throw some underlay down then the carpet on top :thumbsup:

nice man, shouldnt the carpet just lift off after the seats & console and a few other peices come off, i changed my vk carpet bout 2-3 months ago and it was fine, just came off without a prob once everything was out of the car.

btw ive been lookin but ive never been able to find any pics of that roadster, did u put ny up or were they lost in the forum crash?

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
I chucked some up of the roadster a while ago, but yeah rekon they went when the forum shat itself.

Here's a few for ya.

vhroadster_001.jpg

vhroadster_002.jpg

vhroadster_003.jpg

vhroadster_005.jpg

vhroadster_007.jpg

PIC_0018.jpg

PIC_0024.jpg

PIC_0019.jpg

And here's the latest pic...it's up like this so we could weld a few bars in underneath to strengthen it.
ROADSTER_001.jpg

We've decided to strip wats left and scrap it. We haven't got the right gear (a mig) to be able to finish it properly. Maybe oneday we might try a roadster again, but at the moment it's just taking up room in the yard and we're doing a fair bit of work on both wagons and PEAKN6. We haven't touched the roadster in months...well actually Brad cut the new apron off the front the other day which I welded on when I sprayed the engine bay.....but yeah no room or time for it at the moment so it's gotta go.

Here's a pic of the old PEAKN6 getting loaded onto the truck yesterday morning. (This is in Street Commodores Issue 131 in the readers rides bit...the latest mag to date with the red VL on the front)
FINEPIX_2007_0922Small.jpg

Also, we pulled the motor out of the blue wagon yesterday. It was rebuilt some time ago so we're gonna clean it up and put it in PEAKN6 (then back in the wagon when the wagon is ready). It's on the stand out in the shed stripped down (leaving the bottom end 2gether tho)...got all new gaskets, a balancer and oil seal for it this morning, gonna go out soon and start cleaning it up. :thumbsup:

Brad's got some new pics which he'll prolly post up when he gets home from work. :D

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
hmmm, just a tad difference between the pic in street commodores and that one there, but i just cant put my finger on it:p