Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

83 VH commy wagz

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
That roadster rocks, putting some roll bars in her should make her street legal ? :D

PEAKN6

Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbros.co.nr
Members Ride
1982 VH SL/X 6cyl 4spd, soon to be a Mild 253
roadsta is gettin scrapped havnt got the tools for it.

not sure if u know or not but a couple of days ago we pulled the donk outta the wagz ready for the freshen up for PEAKN6 (figured i'd put it in here coz it's gonna go back in the wagz when it's ready for the road). i got some piccies wif me fone (excuse the high quality :p ) coz the camera had flat batteries.

anyway we replacing all the gaskets, balancer and then paint her up and make it look pretty, then take out the old motor from PEAKN6 and bolt the manny tranny to the new donk and drop her in. hopefully it sh!ts out atleast 80rwkW. we're gunna take it to the Jamestown show on monday (well thats the plan neways), LMG are gunna have a dyno there so we figured we may as well get it put on and see what it does with the new motor :thumbsup:

anyways here's some pics

head gettin degreased
Photo-0024.jpg

motor straight outta the wagz (head wasnt bolted on)
Photo-0025.jpg

Photo-0026.jpg

the old balancer looking a lil bit shagged. the pulleys stuffed it up when they were bolted on
Photo-0035.jpg

Photo-0038.jpg

and it rubbed against the timing cover (good thing it didn't make it to the pad again, could've been interesting)
Photo-0039.jpg

just a few things for it
Photo-0040.jpg

after (VHPirie) scraping the carbon and crap off the top of the pistons we noticed that they're 40thou over, yippee never had nefin bigger than a 202 :p

the motors bout 80% done. just need oil pump, dizzy, balancer, thermostat and housing and water pump put on and then i think its time for paint. once we get the donk out of the car we can then take the new one off the stand and bolt up the flywheel n clutch then the tranny and finally the starter motor. the exaust and intake can be done in the car.

bought some new batteries for the camera too

new_donk_PEAKN6004Small.jpg

new_donk_PEAKN6003Small.jpg

new_donk_PEAKN6002Small.jpg

hopefully not long now, i can feel the stallions trying to get out :p

we're just hoping that it's gunna run alright wif the injection setup on it.

Last edited:

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Looking good mate, hope she runs right with the injection setup and rips out the 80rwKW's u want or more ! :D

Did it take alongtime to clean the carbon off?

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
Took about 5 mins to clean the carbon off the top of the pistons, and even less to clean in the chambers. I used a wire wheel in the drill, it come up a treat. :thumbsup:

PEAKN6

Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbros.co.nr
Members Ride
well the motors all painted and hopefully tomorra we can pull the donk out of peakn6 and start swapping stuff over.

Intake and exhaust manifolds are only sittin there for the pic and too see how it looks
new_donk_PEAKN6008Small.jpg

new_donk_PEAKN6013Small.jpg

new_donk_PEAKN6016Small.jpg

new_donk_PEAKN6011Small.jpg

new_donk_PEAKN6014Small.jpg

well i think it looks pretty cool and the dyno on monday is looking good too :)

PEAKN6

Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbros.co.nr
Members Ride
cheers mate. this was the spare motor tho so it didnt really matter how long we took, we just set ourselves a deadline coz it makes it more interesting and exciting.

all u need is an engine stand, a block and some spare room in ya shed then go from there, start gathering parts :thumbsup:

Wrayza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
That 202 looks real tidy in the flat black, good work. Did you get it dyno'd? Keen to know what you made mate.

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
what sort of paint you use on the engine & extractors?

i would do it over a weekend sometime but im always workin and have no space atm.

PEAKN6

Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbros.co.nr
Members Ride
hopefully we can get the engine out of the car today, then possibly have it in and running sometime tomorra.

the motor hadnt been dyno'd before that we know of so we're only comparing it to the one thats in the car now which pulled 75rwkw

the paint is just VHT heatproof stuff. not cheap at (i think) $18, but luckily for me i work at an auto joint so get staff discount, bout $8 or $10:w00t: