Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

95 v 98 Tune

18vDrill_SkinOnly

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SV6 Comm / 22 Ford Mustang 5.0l
Ha, well ****, very similar.. LAV driving was a pretty sweet gig based on what some of the lads had to say. I joined the coppers after I got out of the military like your mate - took 12 months between that though, drove some trucks, did some study. Joined the coppers only because it was the easiest thing to do at the time, should have done a trade though.

Yeah, not sure - I don't even know if it can detune itself, more just wondering. The misfires are only ever on cylinders 1,3,5 - maybe I should have a bit more of a look around. It's not just random misfires.. the coils, plugs, wires are good. Changed one of the plugs/coils and drove into town this morning to catch a flight.. seems the misfires are now only happening when I’m at 90 or over.. same cylinders.

Hussla Flex - I'd put pics of my wheels up but it still looks like a Massey Ferguson because it's not lowered beyond the factory lowered suspension that came with it. There's still about 100mm - 120mm to drop.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
the base tables of the tunes dont and cant change, only variables is the fuel trims, idle trims, if auto the shift feel, all those are only within a set value range of correction over time, none of those affect if an engine suddenly goes bad or looses power

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Ha, well ****, very similar.. LAV driving was a pretty sweet gig based on what some of the lads had to say. I joined the coppers after I got out of the military like your mate - took 12 months between that though, drove some trucks, did some study. Joined the coppers only because it was the easiest thing to do at the time, should have done a trade though.

Yeah, not sure - I don't even know if it can detune itself, more just wondering. The misfires are only ever on cylinders 1,3,5 - maybe I should have a bit more of a look around. It's not just random misfires.. the coils, plugs, wires are good. Changed one of the plugs/coils and drove into town this morning to catch a flight.. seems the misfires are now only happening when I’m at 90 or over.. same cylinders.

Hussla Flex - I'd put pics of my wheels up but it still looks like a Massey Ferguson because it's not lowered beyond the factory lowered suspension that came with it. There's still about 100mm - 120mm to drop.
Sounds like a loose earth wire to me? Check the earth wire on the back of the head.

18vDrill_SkinOnly

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sounds like a loose earth wire to me? Check the earth wire on the back of the head.
I’ll give it a look tonight, thanks mate

edit - checked them and they're on tight. Looking at one of the bolts from the bottom of the header on the driver side - doesn't look like it's buttoned down 100% it's not spinning but it sticks up by 1-2mm. Where the header meets the cat. Drove from the airport home last night, got about 70km and it was purring, then in the last 5km started misfiring again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lex

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE

Did the coppers end up being an easy gig? Had another mate join them straight out of school he was in it for around 12 years but got sick of the constant abuse, being spat at, called names etc.

So do you feel like you are getting any progress from the latest tune?

Ha I grew up on a farm so know what a MF looks like, lol.

18vDrill_SkinOnly

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mate, I had a good time doing it - it had some really crap moments as you would expect, but it was mainly my ex-missus which caused the most headaches. The job itself does take a bit of a toll though, erratic shifts, not much sleep ever, continuous night shifts, overly corporatised leadership etc. I joined during the Nixon era in Vic which was the worst time the force had ever seen. Overland was twice as useless as she was. Once he was ousted it then degenerated into Commissioners fighting amongst themselves and a lot of petty politicking. They introduced that "new" uniform at the time of our greatest upheavals as if that was going to distract us from all the **** the bosses were causing. It was an utter disgrace during that period.

Ken Lay thankfully was the right man for the job (good country bloke from the Valley - always a great boss and the troops loved him), the next bloke, not so much - he had a good background and was quite clever, but didn't really put himself out there.

I couldn't go back now, the job has changed as have the people and society. Don't have the patience for any of it anymore.

The tune.. I'll have to take her for a few more test runs to see how we're going with the misfires/shuddering etc. It's dialed down even more now, but whatever gets me around I'm okay with until I can get around to doing some fault finding and working out what has caused it in the first place. The first tune I really liked, but until I work out the issues, will just stick to the most basic settings.

lol was tossing up between MF and John Deere - International passed through my mind as well, but I don't think we had many in Oz besides the trucks.

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE
Yeah it would be a tough gig, not something I could ever have done. I guess by dialling the tune down it has also made a difference to power and throttle response? Yeah there were a few internationals at one stage but don't see them much nowadays, they seem to be all the big named brands like John Deere or kubota or obscure brands out of different parts of eastern europe

18vDrill_SkinOnly

Reaction score
Members Ride
The upside is it’s getting looked at today, I’m back in town so this might end up happily ever after. End goal is to have the Massey Ferguson tune written back in as it sounds and drives pretty good when it’s not having its issues.

The downside is I have to replace an 8 week old tyre after successfully locating a pothole on the way down. No rim damage though.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
The upside is it’s getting looked at today, I’m back in town so this might end up happily ever after. End goal is to have the Massey Ferguson tune written back in as it sounds and drives pretty good when it’s not having its issues.

The downside is I have to replace an 8 week old tyre after successfully locating a pothole on the way down. No rim damage though.
Hope it works out for you?
Please keep us informed.