Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

A Good (Leagal) Exhaust for a WH LS1?

Brysha89

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman L98 6.0ltr
Now plz get back to OP i want opinions on the 5 points i asked not go look it up sure i can do that be on my own go search it up buy and install to find its **** sound/too loud/poor quality hence why im asking if you cant be bothered reading and typing or simply don't know plz don't make comments as its wasting my time and would rather not get into a stupid war like some posts i have seen for the last 2 days of this add being up.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
find its **** sound/too loud/poor quality

Sound and volume are a very subjective thing. Something I like, you may not and vice versa.

To get the best idea of sound, I would suggest going to car meets (something like cars & coffee etc) and talk to people with cars that you like the sound of. Most car people are pretty happy to talk about their babies face to face. They can also tell you their experience with quality etc.

In terms of quality, reading other threads will highlight what brands have longevity and what don't. For example there is an active thread at the moment that is talking about a particular brand of cats collapsing & bi-modal mufflers not working properley and the poor response from the brand in getting warranty attended to.

Brysha89

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman L98 6.0ltr
ty an opinion i will take that into consideration also seen that thread as i have looked would also like to see I.E: what brands to stay away from also is 3 inch too loud the 1st question i asked. them sort of opinions im sure i can ask here and not have to go to meets let alone the car is currently unroadworthy as no exhaust so its a bit hard to get to them sort of thing. also asked about the rear bumper if (Everyone would kindly read properly) about getting quads and having a bumper to fit it without having to cut the bumper and risk it looking crap.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
ty an opinion i will take that into consideration also seen that thread as i have looked would also like to see I.E: what brands to stay away from also is 3 inch too loud the 1st question i asked. them sort of opinions im sure i can ask here and not have to go to meets let alone the car is currently unroadworthy as no exhaust so its a bit hard to get to them sort of thing. also asked about the rear bumper if (Everyone would kindly read properly) about getting quads and having a bumper to fit it without having to cut the bumper and risk it looking crap.

Given the discussion in that thread we are talking about, that may be one brand to stay away from.

Loudness of 3" will depend on mufflers or lack thereof.

Bumper.....I can't help you with.....I would have to google images to find out.

Brysha89

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman L98 6.0ltr
ty more constructive food for thought so as long it has mufflers it would be quieter, now
Aus78Formula was saying depending on how much fuel is dumped down exhaust is what makes it crackle is that just tuning the car to be rich on fuel or is there a aftermarket part that dose it and no not a turbo's pop off valve i think there waste gates or something like that.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
ty more constructive food for thought so as long it has mufflers it would be quieter, now
Aus78Formula was saying depending on how much fuel is dumped down exhaust is what makes it crackle is that just tuning the car to be rich on fuel or is there a aftermarket part that dose it and no not a turbo's pop off valve i think there waste gates or something like that.

Its actually part of the 'tune', think its called deceleration fuel cut trim, it can be turned on and off, and adjusted quite noticeably.
@07GTS should be able to tell you more about this.

Brysha89

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman L98 6.0ltr
ty ik what ur talking about ill mention it to my mechanic when i do get an exhaust

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
My suggestion would be:
Talk to an exhaust shop...…..After all they do this for a living
Then you need to talk to your tuner...……..The pop and crackle your after can be sorted in the tune

Land barges aren't my thing, so I don't know if they actually came with the dual exhaust cut outs or not
A quick google search of images may help

Brysha89

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman L98 6.0ltr
i have looked none that i can see was hoping somone on here knew or even an aftermarket one that has the cutout

Brysha89

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman L98 6.0ltr
by the looks of it i will be going with the red back 2 1/2 inch cat back exhaust that was suggested to me by my local exhaust shop