Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

A professional photoshoot done on my car ... have a look

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Agnu, the showing off of the cars is done int he "My Ride" section. The whole point of this section is to discuss photos etc. Hence why I had it created ;)

marcusleo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE project. '03 A209 Avantgarde
love these pics. Not a photographer but i like that they aren't the same old same old type shots. Where the photographer seems to just about lay under the front of the car. Saw a couple on here i tihnk that were like that and it gets boring.
I'll go against the grain a bit and say i prefer the lights with the slight reflection in them - i'd prefer them evened out (one is more lit up than the other) but i think it looks better than the re-posted image.
to each their own as they say, i like the pics.

Agnu

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Members Ride
VYII S Ute
Haha ok Minux, well if you guys are keen to keep discussing lighting i'll throw up a setup shot.

This is about the setup that I used on the side on shot - I tweaked the lights a bit while shooting it, and obviously replaced my car with his, but this is the same basic setup, only shooting the other side of the car, obviously.

4988739163_6ef27b92aa_z.jpg

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Agnu, cool setup, you looked into using large scale octaboxes?

I ordered an AB 1600 and vagabond II today, hanging for it too arrive, now need to save the dollars for a massive softbox, i dont think my 40 inchers will cut it anymore :p

gonnaenodathat

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 50th anniversary Manual FG XR6T
nice pics ! you are obviously very "into" your photography and cars at that... very nice pics and i do prefer the front on shot that isnt lit up as much.... lovely ! keep up the good work and as for doing this for free, i fail to see how anyone couldn't be happy with those ! :)

Agnu

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Members Ride
VYII S Ute
Gonnaenodathat - cheers for the kind words :).

Minux, well what i've got there cost me $150 all up, and a little bit of creativity. The 2x2m frames are made from PVC piping and the diffusion material is just white fabric from Spotlight. The PVC piping disconnects to 8 2m poles with corner peices. Total setup time is about 10 minutes per frame with two people, and the results are great! Like I said, they're just 2nd/3rd hand portable flashes being fired with ebay triggers. Everything is done on the cheap, but does eventually yeild some really nice results in my opinion.

hwy747

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Berlina 5.7L / VW Golf GTi
And a re-edit of the front on shot with the new headlights taken from an exposure where I didn't fire the flashes...
4985363628_e83e1a70a4_z.jpg

That shot looks awesome Angus!

For a free photo shoot, I am very pleased with the results. They are much better than I could have taken myself. Obviously the more pics and more practice you get, the better the results will become!!

Minux - as for the showing off of my car etc, I will be adding these photo's over there for that reason too =) but yes this thread is to show off the photo's themselves!!