Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ABS and standstill burnouts

Axel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
holden#1 said:
I see what spyper saying about doing a standstill with engine not revving past 2500rpm.
If you simply apply brake, then dump accelerator, the same happens in my VS Calais.

This is a good way to burn your fluid.

As I understand it, thats the nature of stock standard autos with fairly stock V6's.(VS - VZ anyway)

Think about it; in an auto, your driving force is transferred through fluid. at low rpm, there is a lot of give in fluid. ...

Erm.......No! There is NO give in hydralic fluids. Think about it - hydraulic cranes.....give in fluids.
Nope.

Notorious

Notoriou$
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2 3.8L
JUst tryed it tonight, my car wouldnt do it with OR without the ABS... :(

Macca177

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman V8
My Vr v6 auto has no drams with IRS and ABS, after reading all this i belive the drivers are just not doin it rite.

my vk 6 had no dramas either, neither did my 2 vn v6 and v8!Oh and i also had a 4wd hilux with 37"muddies and i had them standing still and that was a 2.8diseal.

i duno wot u ppl are doin, try a bit harder, and i dont think grass counts, my ride on lawn mower can spin the back wheels(12hp).

stop bein fairys and try a bit harder!

Notorious

Notoriou$
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2 3.8L
LOL, I can do them in Dad's HQ manual and in the hilux (2002) 4cyl Manual, but the VS struggles... :S

90VN55

Reaction score
Members Ride
90 VN SS 5speed, '90 VN Calais 5speed
it would be just as easy to put a line locker on atleast ur back bracks wont wear from being on.
but make sure its out of site cause the cops would have somthin to say about it

Nobody Actually

luxo barge
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 wm Caprice
Infus10n said:
If you cant do a standstill in the dry with a supercharger strapped to it you dont deserve to have a licence.

right on the money.

bass_master

BASYVL
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL berlina, calais lookalike
Infus10n said:
irs and traction control has alot to blame too.
lol :rofl: that reminds me of my uncle
he has a V8 farmont ghia (au) and the other da we went for a drive to get some cardanay(spelling) for my grandma and we left the carpark and there was a car come so he flattened the pedal to get in front of the person and not crash lol and yere his traction control wasn't working so he started spinning around the corner and down the street lol
whole street was full of smoke
this was in mogo (nere batemans bay) for any1 who want to know :rofl:
very funny "
my uncle said:
whoops traction controls not working.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
V6VX4U2NV said:
Ok... As far as I no, VX models are the only ones that cant do standstills. The only way to counter it is to get an lsd fitted.
you can't be serious. 1 wheels spinnin has less friction with the road, trying to turn 2 wheels will have alot more friction, hence an LSD would be harder the bag up.

I still don't see the issue, i've got a few mates with VXs, V6s with autos, and they spin no probs with either diff.

B

blofly

yeah phuck it I don't need to do them yet, only once the upgrades are complete and I am at Kwinana motorplex do I need to worry about getting the tyres warm and sticky for a good launch, till then it was a question of curiosity about the ABS system not a piss-fest about who's car can do what and how it must be poor driving ability, lets face it a monkey can do a burnout in a car as long as the car is capable to do one and that goes without any hints as there appears to be a hell of alot of monkeys replying to this thread. :thumbsup: