Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ABS and standstill burnouts

G

gocommygo

my VP cuts up sick dirt/grass/gravel/road dont matter :) except... when i have a full car i cant just drop the cultch n flatten it i have to rev the fudge out of it first :S and nankang tyres rock for burnouts :)

KUSTOM KAM

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden SVX
nah, you cant turn off the IRS, irs stands for independent rear suspension, its mechanical... but i suppose you could get it removed if you really wanted but not worth it, put an aftermarket chip in the ecu and it should rip em easy if its the computer stopping them. thats weird that the vx doesnt rev past 2.5 with any break applied, i think thats taking it a bit far...

ok here is a few tips, try this, sort of chuck the front wheels, possibly put the car up to a gutter, for a bit more resistance that could help the front breaks a bit, hold the break in all the way, and the accelerator in all the way, if they dont spin slowly let the break out till they do spin. but i dont really know about traction control but i do know that in a BMW i drove i tried to spin em up lol and it broke traction and then griped again, but it had a button to turn it off... i had a bit of fun that day.

and yeah i wouldn't clamp my break line either but if i ran out of ideas trygin to do a standstill it would be my last resort, ill have a look around on the net and see what i can come up with about burnouts and irs
Any follow up on this ? After this On my vx also as removing the abs fuse and removing the traction control plug didn’t seem to do anything but put the abs light on the dash. Cheers

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Try it with some burnout lubricant...

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Any follow up on this ? After this On my vx also as removing the abs fuse and removing the traction control plug didn’t seem to do anything but put the abs light on the dash. Cheers

Going by the photo in your thread "l need help with traction" you don't have traction control. You only have abs brakes.

By removing the abs fuse & or disconnecting the abs plug from the abs module (this is why the abs light on the dash is on) you have only disconnected the abs function from working. So No anti lock brake system. Your brakes will continue to work, just without the abs part.

KUSTOM KAM

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden SVX
Going by the photo in your thread "l need help with traction" you don't have traction control. You only have abs brakes.

By removing the abs fuse & or disconnecting the abs plug from the abs module (this is why the abs light on the dash is on) you have only disconnected the abs function from working. So No anti lock brake system. Your brakes will continue to work, just without the abs part.
So will there be a way to bypass this, I’m not to sure how my friends car which is the same model can do it and does it so effortlessly

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
ABS brakes won't effect how you do a burnout.