Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Additional remote for zb calais

Day

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais
Hi all does anyone know how to program an additional key fob for a zb commodore. I have tried the method of getting a new key cut and turning it 5 times whilst in the lock to no avail.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Hi all does anyone know how to program an additional key fob for a zb commodore. I have tried the method of getting a new key cut and turning it 5 times whilst in the lock to no avail.

You need access to gds2 or the equivalent programming tool that a locksmith uses.

Make sure you have all the keys for the vehicle with you during the programming process as it might drop keys from the register so test them all after programming.

Day

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais
This is what a locksmith sent me.

Step by Step How to Programming Instructions:

Programming with a Recognized Transmitter
A new RKE transmitter can be programmed to the vehicle when there are two recognized RKE transmitters. To program, the vehicle must be off and all of the RKE transmitters, both currently recognized and new, must be with you.

1. Place the recognized RKE transmitters into the storage bin with the lock icon.

2. Remove the key lock cylinder cap.

3. Insert the vehicle key of the new RKE transmitter into the key lock cylinder located on the outside of the driver door and turn the key counterclockwise to the unlock position five times within 10 seconds. The DIC displays READY FOR REMOTE #3, 4 or 5.

4. Place the new RKE transmitter into the storage bin with the buttons facing up.

5. Press ENGINE START/STOP. When the RKE transmitter is learned, the DIC will show that it is ready to program the next transmitter.

6. Remove the RKE transmitter from the storage bin and press UNLOCK. To program additional RKE transmitters, repeat Steps 3–5.When all additional RKE transmitters are programmed, press and hold ENGINE START/STOP for 12 seconds to exit programming mode.

7. Put the key back into the transmitter.

Day

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais
You need access to gds2 or the equivalent programming tool that a locksmith uses.

Make sure you have all the keys for the vehicle with you during the programming process as it might drop keys from the register so test them all after programming.
Hi Stooge i have updated what the locksmith gave me after cutting the key for me

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Hi Stooge i have updated what the locksmith gave me after cutting the key for me

Yeah i tried that same method for the us buick and eu insignia and it never worked with the aus version.

No matter what i did it never displayed "ready for remote" on the dash which leads me to believe the function is disabled in australia or because i was missing a key it would not start the sequence because you need all keys.

My zb is a rs not a calais so something might be different.

Using gds2 i removed all keys so the missing one could never work and paired the 3 keys i wanted.

Day

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais
Yeah i tried that same method for the us buick and eu insignia and it never worked with the aus version.

No matter what i did it never displayed "ready for remote" on the dash which leads me to believe the function is disabled in australia or because i was missing a key it would not start the sequence because you need all keys.

My zb is a rs not a calais so something might be different.

Using gds2 i removed all keys so the missing one could never work and paired the 3 keys i wanted.
Thanks Stooge for your assistance. I will contact another locksmith.

Day

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais
Hi Stooge I can confirm a buick key fob works on a zb commodore. Even has remote boot operation.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230629-190406_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230629-190406_Gallery.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 97

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Hi Stooge I can confirm a buick key fob works on a zb commodore. Even has remote boot operation.

yep, a few people have added that key for the boot function.

Day

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais
So much better than the Holden key.