Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Advice on buying a Commodore

Pickled

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Im pretty happy with all those things and Im getting a tuned memcal in the next few days too. Its a lot more responsive and gives you enough power to move the car as quick as necessary.

It has more guts than my bros V8 304 but thats a pretty old motor and everything is stock, it wont come close to newer V8s though.

My nan's corolla is quicker than a stock 304.

Bizmark

Reaction score
Members Ride
93' Pov-Pac

LOL what's that corolla running?

dgray, what you want to do first for more power is give it a good service, pretty much what 2DIE said though he explained it all fully. When the car is running 100% in standard form and has as much power as it can without being modified you can start modifying it. Have a look at MACE's products, the manifold mods tend to help with low down torque and get you a couple extra kw.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
My advice would of been not to buy a Holden.

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6

Whoops Nan's off her Meds again!

To the OP good choice on the VY. Wouldn't want to be changing a thermostat in an Alloytech, stuff that as a joke, what were GM Thinking?

dgray

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Holden Commodore VY Berlina
Haha I'd never expect to get anywhere close to a v8 with that sort of money ;) thanks for the advice guys definetly appreciated. If I beleived everything I hear then I guess I shoulda gotten pickled's nans corolla lol