Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Afl

Straya!

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL Brock Director
I could've been sitting comfortably on 8 this week, but nooooo, stupid north ruining the fun.

Straya!

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL Brock Director
Just went through and did my tips until round 17....might change them, might not. #YOLO

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
Yeah they were no good, my mocking was more directed to monkeys and VS 5.0's smack talking earlier.

If you notice, I never post on weekends so It's probably always quiet from this Richmond supporter after a win or loss. But good try champ, I like the fact that you're trying to be clever.

Also, I'm Micky V in the tipping.... And I'm leading..... And I tipped Essendon. My guess was 20 points so I'm guilty of overestimating my teams ability by 1.5 goals

Richmond played the worst game in terms of ball use that I can recall since 2011 when they were learning their new game style. Bad games happen in sport and a lot of that was due to Essendon's perfectly executed defensive zone and 4 quarters of pressure on the ball carrier. We need to experience this to take the next step in our development and I'm concerned we've stopped learning when we play the lesser teams, when we just dominate the possession and play an uncontested game style.

The positive for me was Richmond's defence. Rance and Chaplin were superb (Batchelor was decent), and keeping Essendon to 13 goals with their potent fwd line despite being caught out of position after continual turnovers was something I think we can take into the West Coast game next week.

Then after the bye we get Conca and Ellis back to replace the Mid's who can't kick and regularly butcher the ball in an effort to send me to an early grave :)

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
I listened to the call for the GC v Hawthorn 1st half and started thinking just how good they really are.

It rarely gets reported on in Melbourne media, but these boys have a few big injuries. Dixon and Clarke are massive outs, especially with Warnock injured as well. Campbell Brown and McKenzie both missed the early part of the season as well. And that's just to name a few. Come next year if they have a fully fit side and guys like Omera keep improving these guys could be in the mix for a top 8 spot. I hope my Tigers beat them in Cairns this year, because we could go 5 years before we get another chance :(

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
I listened to the call for the GC v Hawthorn 1st half and started thinking just how good they really are.

It rarely gets reported on in Melbourne media, but these boys have a few big injuries. Dixon and Clarke are massive outs, especially with Warnock injured as well. Campbell Brown and McKenzie both missed the early part of the season as well. And that's just to name a few. Come next year if they have a fully fit side and guys like Omera keep improving these guys could be in the mix for a top 8 spot. I hope my Tigers beat them in Cairns this year, because we could go 5 years before we get another chance :(

Harley Bennell and Zac Smith were also out, but on the flip side, Hawthorn were missing Hale, Rioli, Shoenmakers, Suckling, Ellis, Birchall and Whitecross. We should have pumped GC, but a terrible first half was to blame.

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
Yeah there's definitely a few out for your boys, but the young clubs usually get hit by injuries worse since their second tier players often don't have the body for AFL. Karmichael Hunt was out on the weekend too. He's going to struggle to hold his spot in the years to come. It will be interesting to see if the offer him another contract at the end of this one. They'll need the salary cap space to keep their talent when clubs come swooping to try and lure these boys home.

I've always thought Dion Prestia would look good in yellow and black

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
Yeah there's definitely a few out for your boys, but the young clubs usually get hit by injuries worse since their second tier players often don't have the body for AFL. Karmichael Hunt was out on the weekend too. He's going to struggle to hold his spot in the years to come. It will be interesting to see if the offer him another contract at the end of this one. They'll need the salary cap space to keep their talent when clubs come swooping to try and lure these boys home.

I've always thought Dion Prestia would look good in yellow and black

Yeah I'd love to have Campbell Brown back. He got a ball to the face with about 10 seconds left yesterday from point blank, it knocked him off his feet.

Straya!

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL Brock Director
If you notice, I never post on weekends so It's probably always quiet from this Richmond supporter after a win or loss. But good try champ, I like the fact that you're trying to be clever.

Also, I'm Micky V in the tipping.... And I'm leading..... And I tipped Essendon. My guess was 20 points so I'm guilty of overestimating my teams ability by 1.5 goals

Richmond played the worst game in terms of ball use that I can recall since 2011 when they were learning their new game style. Bad games happen in sport and a lot of that was due to Essendon's perfectly executed defensive zone and 4 quarters of pressure on the ball carrier. We need to experience this to take the next step in our development and I'm concerned we've stopped learning when we play the lesser teams, when we just dominate the possession and play an uncontested game style.

The positive for me was Richmond's defence. Rance and Chaplin were superb (Batchelor was decent), and keeping Essendon to 13 goals with their potent fwd line despite being caught out of position after continual turnovers was something I think we can take into the West Coast game next week.

Then after the bye we get Conca and Ellis back to replace the Mid's who can't kick and regularly butcher the ball in an effort to send me to an early grave :)

I like that you were more than happy to say how richmond were going to win but if you were a proper supporter you would still tip your team even if deep down you knew you were going to lose, also you're only winning by 2 tips so don't get ahead of yourself obi-wan.