Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

After Market stereo system For Series 1 VE Commodore.

nickfro96

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SV6 S1
Hey Guys.

I own a 2008 VE Commodore SV6 Auto and i want to put in an aftermarket touch screen system in the place of the stock system. I still want to have full use of my Steering wheel controls and have the use of an AUX Cable and if possible CD Player. I also do not want to spend a lot of money if that is possible.

Thanks in Adavance.

SSVSE

Reaction score
Members Ride
my10 SSV SE L76
your local Alpine dealer will have something good try them

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
Mate, you're looking at $2000 + for a unit like that I think.

Asmodai78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Sportwagon
Look up G8 designs on Facebook, they claim they can send what you are after for under 1k

hobieone

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6 Commodore utility
I have just installed a G8 control unit in my 2010 SV ute with a Pioneer head unit AVIC-F60DAB (reversing camera included),the unit does every thing but make coffee but if you are looking for something cheap forget it. Frankies at Albion Park fitted mine they did a great install nothing was a bother to the guys very happy with the outcome. As I said it wasnt cheap at $3,000.00 but what the heck it leaves the GMH unit for dead. The touch controls for the air-con are brilliant, a lot better than the factory knobs.
If you are keen to have a crack at getting one from the states go for it and do the install your self, the facia and air-con controls cost me a grand and the rest was for the install and the pioneer head unit, its all plug and play according to G8.There was a cheaper alternative available in AU for around the $600 but after talking to Frankies guys at the time of the install I chose the dearer alternative.

WHITESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV
Waste of time....way to expensive and they all look ****... in regards to the A/C controls etc...if you want an after market head unit. You should have bought an older car that hasn't got everything integrated in the dash..If you want a screen get the SSV stock unit...they are not touch screen but still use the steering wheel controls and can be programmed to have reversing camera on them...but it all costs a lot to mod

WHITESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV
Car.JPG

This is an example off Ebay....and so far I've yet to see anything different...each to their own but I say they look out of place and horrendous with the 80's style buttons