Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

After market windscreen wipers and better motor fitted to VH?

budgieVH

get in shut up nd hang on
Reaction score
Members Ride
Injected 5ltr VH SL/E-VH Blue 202-GQ Nissan Patrol
Wiring in old cars tends to build up resistance over time, and the switch for devices takes the full load of the circuit. A relay allows you take the load off the wiper switch & wiring by powering the wiper motor direct from the battery or another good power source. Commodores from VK onward used relays for most high load devices such as wipers, headlights etc in order to reduce the chances of voltage drop and resistance build up in switches.

ahh okay.. thanks.. ill look into it i can get standard relays from work...

i pulled off the wiper arm and it has fine teeth where it will grip on so hopefully the
VL ones will fit strait on!

DerekP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 5.0
I had a similar problem with a VH (different car to my current) years ago - wipers were slow as etc. I took the wiper motor out pulled it apart and cleaned it up as was rusty and dirty inside, it improved quite a bit.

budgieVH

get in shut up nd hang on
Reaction score
Members Ride
Injected 5ltr VH SL/E-VH Blue 202-GQ Nissan Patrol
alright so i pulled off some wiper arms off a VL and fitted them to the VH.. they fit strait on.

i also went to repco and broght some cheapish blades and the arm where the blade slides into for $18 each.. installed them pored water over the window turned em on and they are already better..

its now raining so later on ill take her around the block and have me windscreen wipers on!
ill let ya know