Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Aftermarket SatNav for VF

Poor old Dad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V
My daughter has a VF1 SS in which she had an aftermarket GPS integrated with Mylink.

I think she's happy with it (haven't heard any complaints).

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
My daughter has a VF1 SS in which she had an aftermarket GPS integrated with Mylink.

I think she's happy with it (haven't heard any complaints).
So she has the Garmin or other brand Sat Nav integrated with Mylink via Wi Fi or bluetooth?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Speed zone warnings ?

australia_110_km_speed_limit.jpg

Red Light cameras ?

b8857781z.1_20151005235912_000_gj3be4a8.3_1-1b157vf.jpg

Why rely on digital source which will not be as up to date as the images you see before you irl with your own eyes ?

I am surprised that no one has complained about GPS not showing where all of the Stop signs are as well.

Maps ? (updated annually)

wasdubd15a.jpg

Analogue style ftw.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sometimes you're too busy concentrating on what the arsehats on the road around you are doing to notice the cameras.
They're certainly not painted yellow in NSW.
Yes there are little signs which fade into the background with all the other signs which you don't notice because you're trying to avoid the nong in the Rodeo and the nong in the Hiace as they both try to merge into the same piece of physical space as you're occupying ...

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Sometimes you're too busy concentrating on what the arsehats on the road around you are doing to notice the cameras.

How does one notice the lights then ?

ME: Your Honour, I am contesting this fine before you today coz the arsehats on the road around me distracted me.

His Honour: So best to assume each light controlled intersection has red light & speed cameras and don't run the lights or speed through them then.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
No, this isn't possible.
That's what I'm thinking. Pity you can't do it or at least we don't now how to do it.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Speed zone warnings ?

australia_110_km_speed_limit.jpg

Red Light cameras ?

b8857781z.1_20151005235912_000_gj3be4a8.3_1-1b157vf.jpg

Why rely on digital source which will not be as up to date as the images you see before you irl with your own eyes ?

I am surprised that no one has complained about GPS not showing where all of the Stop signs are as well.

Maps ? (updated annually)

wasdubd15a.jpg

Analogue style ftw.
The Red Light and Speed camera are camouflaged with the trees our way. The worst one I have ever seen is on Morayfield Rd Morayfield QLD

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
The Red Light and Speed camera are camouflaged with the trees our way. The worst one I have ever seen is on Morayfield Rd Morayfield QLD

See "His Honour's" response above.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
How does one notice the lights then ?
ME: Your Honour, I am contesting this fine before you today coz the arsehats on the road around me distracted me.
His Honour: So best to assume each light controlled intersection has red light & speed cameras and don't run the lights or speed through them then.
Oh, I know what His Honour would say.
I'm talking about doing the right thing, driving safely; you're talking about doing the inexpensive (until someone runs into me) legal thing. They're not always mutually exclusive, but it's pretty frequent that they are.
I'd rather NOT have a prang & get a fine, than be "legally in the right" and have an arsehat run into me, thanks. And some audio warnings can help me have my cake AND eat it too.