Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Air coming through aircon vents when aircon off?

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Could always shut the vents themselves.....

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
Every car I have ever owned lets air thru when not on recirc.

When you put in on recirc it should not come thru any longer.

cp993

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF SV6 Series ll
You could I suppose.
Not including the vent problem, is the air con itself working properly?
If so, any Mechanic worth his salt should be able to fix the problem with the vents.

yeah my aircon works flawlessly

MaRtYz

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
2005 Holden VZ Calais Sports Automatic
Sounds like a bad actuator. I have the same problem which I'm going to get fixed soon. At first it was the the windscreen demister throwing warm air under acceleration but now it seems to blow warm air through the front vents randomly when driving even though the air con is set to off. For now I just leave the air con on with the a/c off until I get it fixed.

Might want to give this thread a read.
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...2006/183080-c-issue-under-acceleration-2.html

jdg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
Sounds like a bad actuator. I have the same problem which I'm going to get fixed soon. At first it was the the windscreen demister throwing warm air under acceleration but now it seems to blow warm air through the front vents randomly when driving even though the air con is set to off. For now I just leave the air con on with the a/c off until I get it fixed.

Might want to give this thread a read.
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...2006/183080-c-issue-under-acceleration-2.html

I had a similar issue, air coming out windscreen vent whenever put onto feet selector, also a hissing sound from behind the vent selector knob. With a little investigation on here I found the vac actuator had partially failed. $80 part from holden and 30 min of effort and it was fixed.