Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Air Conditioning Advice

stheggie

Reaction score
I think its a vacuum problem. Check your lines...

crainy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6
VS Air Con

Hey in my Vs exec my the selector of my air con region selector does not work any more, after i put a new deck in my car it stopped working. I can't see a problem with the vacuum hoses. the air only comes out in the footwells. I dont really need it right now but it is just a pain. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

M

Madman_023

VS Berlina Climate control

My VS climate control does not work. It worked when I first bought the car then about 3 months later the climate control unit started flashing when it was on, the the fan was cutting in and out too. Now nothing works.......its either full on 24/7 or not at all which can only be stopped by taking out the circut breaker. A guy I work with join 2 wires at the back of the control unit in the dash and all was good. We have searched for a loose wire or something to that effect but nothing was found. Can some one please help me I got no air and no heat which really sux when it rains because the car fogs up and I cannot see ****.
Any Ideas please help or email me @ [email protected] :bang:

I

inclebert

VN Commodore No Air Con

Hi Guys, Great thread. Have prob with VN Air. One day I started the car and No Go. Was perfect day before. Fan still works, but when you have accessories on and Air Con button on nothing works. You are sure to know this is not normal. It does not work even when car is running. Comp does not "kick in". I am a car audio tech and have a fair bit of knowledge of cars. Have tested all fuses and relays, checked all wiring and connectors and no good. Does the resistors in the wiper panle have any bearing on this problems. I drive the car 2 hrs to work everyday and would love my air back.....Please Help.

Cheers Malcolm

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Air con leaking onto driver side floor

My vr acclaim air con leaks onto the drivers side floor, i have pulled a bit of the dash out and had a look but i dont know how big of a job it is. If anyone knows the cause and solution of this problem please let me know.

W

wakesetter_boarder

The VR i getting i noticed today, when i turn the air con on yo can hear a gassy sound (that it is leakin slowly) you can hear the air con turn on though when idling so i assume that there isnt a problem with it ceased like i hear they do. There isnt much that comes out when the AC is turned on except all i can hear is this leaking gassy sound... ny ideas what this would cost to replace? any cheap ways to fix it?

Thwe oner at the moment also siad that he had to replace sum fuses and ti worked fine, then blew about a month later??

Josh

Last edited by a moderator:

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
I think the 'gassy' sound you are describing may be normal. I know the vr/vs air con does have its problems and it is an older setup but i know in mine its done it normally for as long as i can remember. Also when you change settings ie windscreen defrost to face or whatever it also makes a noise.

Craftsman

Reaction score
On my VS the dial doesn't work at all. If I have it set to face, it blows out the windscreen vents. Sometimes you just get the hissing sound and no air at all. There's no recycled air, all the air comes from outside and that's frustrating in traffic.
Seems a common enough problem, anyone got any ideas?

shanhsv

Luvo
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais V6 & VSII Senator 215i
How long should it take the A/C to get cold coz when the fan aint enough i put the a/c on and it hardy improves,does it need regassing or could it be sumthin else