Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alcantara on the Seats.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
We bought the OEM sheepskin covers for this reason, ie:

s-l640.jpg

They've been good thus-far.
They might work with the TV's 'cos they don't hang over the back; just clip into the headrest posts.
I'm pretty sure the foam/padding & the trim/material of our seats is the same as yours.

Last edited:

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
We bought the OEM sheepskin covers for this reason, ie:

s-l640.jpg

They've been good thus-far.
They might work with the TV's 'cos they don't hang over the back; just clip into the headrest posts.
I'm pretty sure the foam/padding & the trim/material of our seats is the same as yours.

That looks super! So from Holden? Does it slip or slide around in use when driving? Just occasionally I kind of miss the thick black sheepies I had on the VZ for so long, even though I have heated seats in the VF.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
It does slide a little sideways on the base, not that you feel it; but you can see that it moves a little.

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
Hey I'm a gippo but not into rosary beads on the front Seat LOL,LOL. Most VF or WN have the Striped dark alcantara strips but only a few of them have WHITE and if not look after they become ugly.
Actually most are white not dark. Only 2017 had the dark stripe.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Actually most are white not dark. Only 2017 had the dark stripe.
It depends on the model ... I think Calais (and Caprice) were primarily the white stripe, except for really early ones that had the white leather with black stripe (did they call the white/cream leather "titanium"?). I'm not sure if Caprice manufacture continued until the time when they fitted a black strip to Calais?

But for most Commodores it was a black stripe most of the time; for SSV & Redline they had black rather than titanium highlights as an option in MY2015 (and the dealer told us in 2015 that most people chose the black highlights), then from MY2016 the titanium option disappeared.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
yeah i have the 2015 with dark alcantara, can't imagine trying to keep the white clean. if i'm honest I wish the seats didn't have the strip would have been happy to just have it on the dash/doors/console.

cleaning the strip is one thing, i'm yet to attack the leather just can't help but think i might get leather cleaner or protectant on the strip!

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
i'm yet to attack the leather just can't help but think i might get leather cleaner or protectant on the strip!
There may be leather cleaners/conditioners that are OK for Alcantara?
I suspect not though, as Alcantara's not "inside out leather" like suede is. :)
Maybe a masking-tape applied to the Alcantara strip, to stop it from getting gunk on it while cleaning? I've been doing that for polishing when there's a piece of plastic I might touch by accident.

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
suspect not though, as Alcantara's not "inside out leather" like suede is.

That's right. Alcantara is not, strictly speaking a suede, but a high density microfibre pile, similar to the fabric in a 100-150wt microfibre second-layer shirt. Like microfibre clothing, it is not stainproof, and can in the majority of cases easily be cleaned without the need for expensive bottles of perceived better or best solutions. Even dilute vinegar can be used to dab out some stubborn blotches. I would be worried though about spilling something like oil, grease or indian ink on alcantara — that would require something with alcohol in it to break down or dissolve, and potentially create an unsightly bleached area. Best practice I think is to be aware of what you are bringing into the car, especially heavily soiled clothes (like techies routinely have, though mine use a plastic seat cover when driving).

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Get a thick soft high grade paint brush from Bunnings. (In the picture) Get a pack of their microfibre cloths for $10.

E3B4D0F7-F25C-453B-ADE6-02B47E726193.jpeg

Get these two Mothers products. Super Crap had these.

1. Damp microfibre and wipe the strip. (On the seat... of the car)
2. Spray the APC on and work in with the brush lightly agitating it. Do small section and with a dry micro fibre cloth, dab it up to start pulling out all your years of dirty fart schmutz!

Repeat a few times.
Clean the brush. Flick the water out. Dry it a little if possible.
3. Grab the VLR and get the same process happening.
Dabbing the fresh micro fibre cloth on.

You can do that process with the whole seat. It will scare you what comes out!

For the rest of the seat, you can use a leather conditioner. Again I use the Mothers Leather conditioner.