Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alex's vy sss ute

FROGi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec
...I'd pull the other S off mate.

A

alex88

ohh and it's not the last owners fualt, holden put sss badges on it, on my rego papers it's got it as a sss for model. frogi do you mean you would have pulled one off aswell or i should pull another one off, so it says S?

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
Hmmm another attempt by holden to promote a special model? by ripping off a Nissan nameplate and whacking it on an aussie icon, your flipheads holden. Again nice ute, keep her clean and look after her and she'll look after you. :)

FROGi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec
Holden never made a VY SSS. There's never been a SSS in the Holden line up. The badges are joined anyhow, you don't just take 'one S off', you either take them all off or nothing.

It's an S pack with SS badges.

A

alex88

if you believe anything of what you just said frogi, you know nothing . one i've seen a few vr sedans with sss stickers and theres also a new vz sss ute demo at holden right now for sale. and the ss badges are not joined, go find a vy ss and have a look closely and you'll see.

camvyss

Doof, Doof, Doof
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 SS 5.7L A4
I hate to jump in on a flame but I'm sorry the SS badges are most definately joined. I have got a brand spanking new badge straight off the VY order book from Holden and it has both SS's joined together.

Back to the topic at hand I am not aware of any SSS models ever being made by Holden. Holden doesn't advertise them in their line up on the official website (Click Me) either.

That's me done, carry on.

A

alex88

well my badges werent joined they must have been 3 S badges. yeah it's not a proper model but it did come with sss on it and there's a vz at the dealership with the same sss badges. i think it must have just been a normal ute that tony ireland holden did up them selfs. my mums lumina came from there aswell and it came with the ss bodykit, kings springs and wheels.

Nthn_Suss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Senator Sig
Think its a dodge dealership feeding people bs to try and move more cars. Anyone who knows a Holden will know there is no SSS in any model range, nor is a SSS-Z ute real. It's like the GTR or GTX Commodore, dealerships get an aftermarket kit, some cheap rims and flog it off as a ltd edition.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz cv8z monaro fusion 6spdm
hello mate sorry to upset you but i think you will find that the vz at the holden dealership is not a triple s and if you think it is you are simply playing with your self. I think you will find it will be a limited edition ssz holden, have just released them the last z bit coming from their limited edition monaro (cv8z). these special edition ssz's come in utes and sedans and have a few little extra's but nothing to special. also holden have never ever made a sss (trust me my dad is a engineer at the holden factory in fishermans bend) i don't no what you have taken off your ute, are you sure the supposed s isn't just a z that you have mistaken for an s, and yes in reply to camvyss the ss are definately joined together as i double checked with my dad's ss.

if you agree me you should click the scales and help me in getting a large reputation
he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he
do it i dare ya

edited
also i forget to mention all limited edition's ending in z's are v8's so if this is the case and your ute had a z and not an s it has definately not been on it since it left the factory and somebody is pulling your leg about the whole thing